News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Website??

Started by Super_KC124, February 17, 2003, 03:58:32 PM

motomadness

What do you want me to do?  

I can work on data questionares and formatting (not HTML skilled yet).  I know if we all work together, we can put together probably one of the most unique web sites in the world for racers of any caliber.

SliderPhoto

QuoteWhat do you want me to do?  

I can work on data questionares and formatting (not HTML skilled yet).  I know if we all work together, we can put together probably one of the most unique web sites in the world for racers of any caliber.

Thanks Sean! I appreciate the offer to pitch in and the excitement. Right now I'm working on infrastructure for the new site. I've been bouncing ideas off a few friends and I'd be interested in your thoughts. As the functionality progresses I could use your help and feedback. Thanks!

EX#996

QuoteThanks Sean! I appreciate the offer to pitch in and the excitement. Right now I'm working on infrastructure for the new site. I've been bouncing ideas off a few friends and I'd be interested in your thoughts. As the functionality progresses I could use your help and feedback. Thanks!

Jack:

If you need another guiney pig to test your site let me know.  I could test from work with a T-3 connection and virtually unlimited bandwidth and at home were I can only connect at 26400 bps.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

ecumike

Jack, if you need any ideas or help, feel free to ask me. I'm a Web developer for IBM and have MANY resources here... designers, HF, IAs, editors, you name it.

Super_KC - I can set one up & maintain it for you for a small fee over hosting fees... contact me.

Sean, Jack, you guys bring up the idea of giving racers their own 'space' or pages on Jack's site.. That's what we'd like to do on the newspaper site, but we don't get space for free so we can't dedicate space for each rider's photos, and all that stuff. So we're just doing like a "Riders' Profiles" section, that lists numbers and names, then links to their bios and 411 we got from them, and a link to the Racer's Web site (If applicable)

http://carolinabreeze.com/racers/

Jack, Sean, if you need help with forms, data, or anything let me know. I use XML for the entire site so it's easy to swap and move around data within the site and with other sites if needed.

SliderPhoto

Thanks Dawn!

QuoteJack, if you need any ideas or help, feel free to ask me. I'm a Web developer for IBM and have MANY resources here... designers, HF, IAs, editors, you name it.

Ahhh, now I see where carolinabreeze.com came from in my and Hanson's Web stats.  ;D Thanks Michael!

I've been a Windows developer since 2.0 and I've been working with .NET since early beta. Just need to find the time to work on my own stuff! :)

ecumike

QuoteAhhh, now I see where carolinabreeze.com came from in my and Hanson's Web stats.  ;D Thanks Michael!.....

HEHE, yea that's my proxy software I have running, can serve as a little advertising tool.. faking the referrer.  You like my browser type and OS version?  :)

GAMEDIC

I design pages..however with the new store i do not have time to build any other than mine..but i can offer web space..everything unlimited for $12.95 per month.....

r6_philly

I had proposed similar ideas to CCS before, but didn't work out.

I can offer space, programming and other services to come up with a racer profile site to let each racer host their info, simple pages and photos. I actually built half of such a site before, I could finish with the programming and set it live and everyone can use it?
It was to be offered free with the site operator running some ads.

motomadness

Jack,

I'm still interested in helping you out, I have just been busy trying to get some of my own racing business settled first.

Is there anything you need done in the next couple of weeks?

SliderPhoto

QuoteJack,

I'm still interested in helping you out, I have just been busy trying to get some of my own racing business settled first.

Is there anything you need done in the next couple of weeks?

Thanks Sean! No, I still haven't found time to work on my site. I've got a few projects going right now but I'm close to finishing one up which might free up some time.

chris_chops

Quote I could test from work with a T-3 connection and virtually unlimited bandwidth and at home were I can only connect at 26400 bps.

Dawn   :)
Dawn, this sounds like a personal problem. ;D  Seriuosly though, what a great idea on so many levels for sliderphoto.com.

Matt

Eddie#200

QuoteMy son knows HTML but won't help me because he thinks I'm weird???

Smart kid! ;D