Summit Main

Started by 23sLady, September 04, 2007, 10:34:49 AM

23sLady

When are they repaving it? Someone told me they were doing it before this weekend's race?  :wtf:

DavidV

I hear this every year  :biggrin:

23sLady

Bummer. :( I walked the track a few weeks ago and it seems like an obstacle for me. I'm sure I'll get use to it a few laps in. Gotta put my big girl panties on  :cheers: Thanks DavidV

LilJayRR

Quote from: 23sLady on September 04, 2007, 10:34:49 AM
When are they repaving it? Someone told me they were doing it before this weekend's race?  :wtf:

They talked about repaving it at one of the races at the begining of the season, but said it wouldn't be done/ready untill next year. When I see it, I will believe it tho.

There are a few bumps for sure (turn 1 and turn 5) but once you find them they are not hard to miss and still go fast. And the sealer patches in turn 6 have grip even tho they look like they dont. Others that are faster than I may not agree but just MHO.
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

23sLady

cool deal. The bumps are noted now for sure. I'll thank you when I make it safely around the track. haha Thanks for the tips!

TheHiriser

Quote from: LilJayRR on September 04, 2007, 12:15:28 PM
There are a few bumps for sure (turn 1 and turn 5) but once you find them they are not hard to miss and still go fast. And the sealer patches in turn 6 have grip even tho they look like they dont. Others that are faster than I may not agree but just MHO.

Coming down the chute on the inside (T4 into T5)where the concrete and pavement meet there is also a sizable drop between the two.  Was a big hole which was fixed but I noticed where they could do some more filling as well.  Worth a look if you get a chance to walk the track again.

Front straight coming out of T10 if you get wide right, there are bumps inside the stripes if you haven't already noticed. 

Good luck.

steelcityracer

They need to move a few walls before they do anything else.  Repave will just make it faster and more dangerous.

LilJayRR

Quote from: steelcityracer on September 05, 2007, 10:32:51 AM
They need to move a few walls before they do anything else.  Repave will just make it faster and more dangerous.

Which walls is that? The only wall that concerns me is the one in turn 4 since it is a very fast sweeping cornor. Very few crash there, but when they do look out!! There is also air fence in the turn 3 and turn 4, it may not be prefect but at least it is better. Those are the only two section of walls that I can think of.

Now if you are talking about the Shenandoha circuit that is a whole different story.
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

DavidV

Turn 3, Turn 4, outside of 6
I also think they need to pave some of the run off area (t1, t10)

And I agree, a repave means higher speeds which ultimately means a more dangerous track with the way the walls are

LilJayRR

I would prefer some paved run off area as well. The gravel traps are hard to control and you basicaly have to crash, which sucks! But it does stop you pretty quck altho it gets little rocks EVERYWHERE!!!

I've only crashed in T1,T10, and T3... so far... which I'm sure now will change LOL
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

TheHiriser

Quote from: LilJayRR on September 05, 2007, 11:55:08 AM
Which walls is that? The only wall that concerns me is the one in turn 4 since it is a very fast sweeping cornor. Very few crash there, but when they do look out!! There is also air fence in the turn 3 and turn 4, it may not be prefect but at least it is better. Those are the only two section of walls that I can think of.

Ahem, T8, much like T4.

LilJayRR

Quote from: TheHiriser on September 05, 2007, 07:58:59 PM
Ahem, T8, much like T4.
T8 walls are of concern ? not that I am a expert on track 'safety'... the only ones that ever enter my sight are T3 (but at least there is a gravel trap) T4, and then T10 (again at least there is a gravel trap) the rest are all at slow enough speed that I dont have any concern. Of course I am not that 'fast' either.   :biggrin:  :ahhh:

I am by no means a saftey expert etc.. and my opinion is worth about .02, take it at what it is worth...
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic