Yeah baby, almost time!!!

Started by chaplain220, September 03, 2007, 01:58:40 PM

chaplain220

Labor day, 1:30pm, sittin in the ol patrol car as Ocean City traffic backs up for miles...90 minutes and I am off for 7 days!!!  Race tires are in the trunk covering the first aid kit and fire extinguisher,(boy I hope there are no wrecks between now and 3pm), CCS forum up on the screen of the in-car computer, and Summit Point is on my mind!  That's right, your tax dollars at work.  It has been a long, stressful week since Shenandoah, fights, drugs and the worst car crash I ever seen in my career, I pulled up on the scene of a family wiped out by a careless dump truck driver, so I can really use some good racin bout now.  (not of course that I race good...but I'm tryin).   My wife's cleanin out the camper today, and I be fixin up the #220 bike tomorrow, and having a fire-pit in the back yard tonight.  (that's a burn barrel for ya'll in the south).  Hope all are well and see ya at Summit.  Anyone else rely on racin to keep ya sane in the real world?

Marsolais

Quote from: chaplain220 on September 03, 2007, 01:58:40 PM
Anyone else rely on racin to keep ya sane in the real world?
Yup can't wait untill the 6th. I pinned E-6 today and my gift to myself is a day at the track.

barb_arah

Quote from: Marsolais on September 03, 2007, 02:38:48 PM
Yup can't wait untill the 6th. I pinned E-6 today and my gift to myself is a day at the track.

What branch of the military are you in?  Congrats on the E-6 rank!
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

Marsolais

Quote from: barb_arah on September 03, 2007, 05:29:48 PM
What branch of the military are you in?  Congrats on the E-6 rank!
Army. Thanks.

barb_arah

Thank you so much for serving our country!  I wish more Americans would be as patriotic as you.  I don't think we can show enough appreciation for what you are doing.
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

proechel539

Glad to see tax dollars hard at work. Here I sit on duty for 24 hours with nothing much to do except surf the CCS forum and go crazy thinking about the five bikes in my garage that I need to fix, the race weekend coming up and all the fun I'm gonna have at Summit.

See you at the track Art.
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

plasticweld

Art I will see you there, after working on bikes all week on my few hours off on Sunday I changed the gearing on the R1 and added my new Olin rear shock. took the old girl for a rip up the street to make sure everything was all set. I am hoping to be there around 5pm Friday,

It is too cool to have something so much fun to look forward to at our age :biggrin:
EmpireGP.com
Sport Bike Plastic Welding, Custom Painting Tank Repair
Ride Hard Take Chances    We Need the Work!

CCS WERA #865

Kuala76

Well I am not a racer, only a corner worker, fan, spectator  :biggrin: I DEFINITELY rely on racing to keep me sane, whether it be working races or watching races.  Just got back from the AMA at Road Atlanta and looking forward to working Summit this weekend to pull me through this week!  So what does everyone else do during the "off season" - I don't even want to THINK of this wonderful summer of racing coming to an end  :wah: :wah: :wah:
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

TheHiriser

Definitely can't wait until this weekend and some more spectacular racing.  :thumb:  Here's to hoping I do more spectating and less work.  :cheers:

As far as the off season I'll be re-watching all the series I have downloaded to the computer and then watching the various odd ball stuff I've downloaded, such as Irish Roadracing, European GSX-R cup, British Superbike, so on and so forth.

Fingers crossed, I'll be working on some semblance of a track bike as well for next season as well.  :boink:

Hoping to get to Summit early on Friday and walking through the pits, see you all out there.

LilJayRR

I still wont be racing this weekend, but you cant get rid of me that easily. I will be in the pits and having a blast...

It is nice that it is comming off of a short week due to the holiday, it cant get here fast enough. See ya on Saturday morning!
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

plasticweld

Quote from: Kuala76 on September 04, 2007, 10:07:25 AM
Well I am not a racer, only a corner worker, fan, spectator  :biggrin: I DEFINITELY rely on racing to keep me sane, whether it be working races or watching races.  Just got back from the AMA at Road Atlanta and looking forward to working Summit this weekend to pull me through this week!  So what does everyone else do during the "off season" - I don't even want to THINK of this wonderful summer of racing coming to an end  :wah: :wah: :wah:

I ride snowmobiles to get my fix and need for speed, racing is what I do in the off season from snowmobiling :} that is even more addictive and more expensive than racing
EmpireGP.com
Sport Bike Plastic Welding, Custom Painting Tank Repair
Ride Hard Take Chances    We Need the Work!

CCS WERA #865

LilJayRR

I try to go snowboarding as much as possible, and let my picket book recover from the beatings on it over the summer...  :thumb:

I dont even want to think about snowmobiling if it is MORE expensive than motorcycle racing!!! My pocketbook is on life support as it is during the summer, a winter full of the same just might kill it (and me).   :ahhh:
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

Kuala76

I think I'm allergic to being outside in the cold (unless I'm working a corner - on a race track) so snow activities are OUT for me  ::)
Kumi
MARRC President 2013

spyderchick

Quote from: Kuala76 on September 05, 2007, 04:19:09 PM
I think I'm allergic to being outside in the cold (unless I'm working a corner - on a race track) so snow activities are OUT for me  ::)

Don't get a Samoyed. They want to walk even when it's 26 below!
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Kuala76

Quote from: spyderchick on September 05, 2007, 04:30:38 PM
Don't get a Samoyed. They want to walk even when it's 26 below!

Brrrrrr!!!!  They are BEAUTIFUL dogs though!  My french bull dog is perfect for me, doesn't like walks in the rain or snow or cold weather!!!
Kumi
MARRC President 2013

TheHiriser

Quote from: LilJayRR on September 05, 2007, 03:44:27 PM
My pocketbook is on life support as it is during the summer, a winter full of the same just might kill it (and me).   :ahhh:

PSST.   Boys don't carry pocketbooks.   :biggrin: :lmao:

It's a European Carryall.

LilJayRR

Quote from: TheHiriser on September 06, 2007, 05:56:48 PM
PSST.   Boys don't carry pocketbooks.   :biggrin: :lmao:

It's a European Carryall.

Here is the definition as I know/use it...

1. a person's financial resources or means: Example, The price was out of reach of his pocketbook. 
2. A wallet or billfold. 
3. Also, a book, usually paperback, that is small enough to carry in one's coat pocket.

:finger:  :spank:  :ass:

Now I am sure there are some feminine qualitys to it, but I will leave that all to you!!  :biggrin:  :lmao:

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

keebler

Oh yea, I'm leaving tomorrow.  Changed gearing, new exhaust, practice time ought to be fun.

Don't worry Art, I'm spending tax dollars checking out CCS every day.  Something about getting ready to move and not much to do at work but out-process and wait.

Jason, still no bike, huh?  You must have done a number last time.  I didn't think it looked that bad...See ya there...

Darrell, see ya at the track...

Same thing Kumi, maybe this time I'll get to actually meet ya...

This will be my last race for the season as I will be in the middle moving during VIR and Daytona is no where near an opportunity this year.  See ya'll out there this weekend...

LilJayRR

Quote from: keebler on September 06, 2007, 09:15:47 PM
Jason, still no bike, huh?  You must have done a number last time.  I didn't think it looked that bad...See ya there...

Oh it wasnt that bad. But it took some $'s to make er pretty again. Then we went to BHF and I crashed in the rain and destoryed the front of the bike AGAIN!  So, between the cost of fixing it, going to Black Hawk, and having to fix it again, then on top of all that I got into a lil fender bender in my Trail Blazer so I have to come up with $'s for the deductable.

So it wasnt that bad, just not enough $'s to get back on top of it all yet.

I will be there, just not back on the track until the TC race at VIR.

See ya there!  :thumb:
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

TheHiriser

Quote from: LilJayRR on September 06, 2007, 09:56:58 PM
Then we went to BHF and I crashed in the rain and destoryed the front of the bike AGAIN! 

Maybe your pocketbook keeps getting in the way.

LilJayRR

Quote from: TheHiriser on September 06, 2007, 10:42:07 PM

Its deffinately in the way right now.
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

evilelfracer

Art I'm trying to get a hold of you, #51 Jeff Foley. evilelfracer@yahoo.com

Kuala76

Quote from: keebler on September 06, 2007, 09:15:47 PM

Same thing Kumi, maybe this time I'll get to actually meet ya...

It was great meeting you and even better that it wasn't in my corner  :cheers: :biggrin:
Kumi
MARRC President 2013

Kuala76

Quote from: LilJayRR on September 06, 2007, 11:21:20 PM
Quote from: TheHiriser on September 06, 2007, 10:42:07 PM
[/quote

Its deffinately in the way right now.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Had a big laugh at this one...sorry Jason  ::)
Kumi
MARRC President 2013

LilJayRR

Quote from: Kuala76 on September 10, 2007, 03:13:19 PM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Had a big laugh at this one...sorry Jason  ::)

yeah yeah yeah... laugh it up!  8)
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic