News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Health Insurance and Racing - Must Read!

Started by sdiver68, February 17, 2003, 10:16:40 AM

chris_chops

Steve,
I sent my letters.
Finally we agree on something!

Matt

sdiver68

Thanks Matt,

And we probably agree on 95%+ of things, its the few things people disagree on that generate the most debate! :)
MCRA Race School Instructor

Chef

QuoteThats the way I felt after I read it.

Here is an smail address and email address for the judge that was sent to me after I got the link.

> Otey, Millie - District Judge
> Tulsa County Courthouse
> 500 N. Denver
> Tulsa, OK 74103
> 918-596-5364

> millie.otey@oscn.net

>(Taken from http://www.tulsabar.com/TCBACENTENNIAL/committe.htm)

sent her as PROFESIONAL a letter as i could...also..
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Super_KC124

QuoteHave you done your civic duty yet??? :D
If I told you.....I'd have to kill you. ;)

Dawn

QuoteIf I told you.....I'd have to kill you. ;)

OK Kevin:

Spill - - What's with the two log in ID's?

Dawn   :-/

james-redsv

I have never seen a health insurance policy that covered any form of racing or high risk activities. You guys better read your policies fine print, they dont cover racing unless you purchased a seprate policy for racing. You have to lie if you are injured at a race. Doesnt CCS have insurance to cover racers during the race? I think its like a $2000 max per racer? ::)

Bernie

QuoteI have never seen a health insurance policy that covered any form of racing

Don't tell Trigon Blue Cross Blue Shield that.  They have paid out boocoo bucks for my indescretions on the race track. ;)

EX#996

QuoteI have never seen a health insurance policy that covered any form of racing or high risk activities. You guys better read your policies fine print, they dont cover racing unless you purchased a seprate policy for racing. You have to lie if you are injured at a race. Doesnt CCS have insurance to cover racers during the race? I think its like a $2000 max per racer? ::)

Usually group insurance through an employer does not have this type of exclusion.  Yes, everyone should read through their policy.  Not only looking for exclusions, but also note the proper procedures to follow if you do end up in the emergency room.

I have heard that CCS does have supplemental insurance, but I have not researched it.

Dawn  
Paul and Dawn Buxton

roadracer797

Not only should you check health but disability insurance should on top if the list.
Craig