Anyone on here own a brindle boxer.

Started by Marsolais, August 29, 2007, 11:04:56 PM

Marsolais

I got a three year old and he is having real skin problems. Looks like he has insect bits all over him but he does not have mites or flea's. Vet said it was allergies. What do you guys use to help there skin.

F2RGK

Well, I have had a few Boxers and let me tell you...they're awesome dogs!  As far as their allergies are concerned, switch around doggy shampoos.  Also, if you are giving them too many baths, they tend to break out more.  Boxers are finicky about keeping themselves clean, so don't worry about that.  If the rashes break out and possibly bleed, just add neosporin.  Works well.  If the break outs are big bumps, he's been bitten by mosquitos.  The bumps will look pretty bad, but by the next morning they should be gone.  If it doesn't seem to bother him, don't worry.  I hope I've helped.

If you're not Smilin' while you're ridin', then QUIT!

Kuala76

I have a French Bull dog with skin problems too, change in shampoo helped, but she still has problems.  Also looking for suggestions.
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

funsizeracing

Try oatmeal shampoo for skin allergies. 
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

Jeff

Kumi, you have a frenchie?  We've got one too!  Awesome dogs...  Only problem with her are incessant ear infections.

We had a brindle boxer years back.  No skin probs at all.  Incredible dog as well.  She was the most graceful/elegant thing I've ever seen.  Fast enough to catch rabbits and strong enough to split my brow with the side of her leg one day when she jumped on me.

There are vets that specialize in allergies and skin problems.  Find one and get him in.  You'll both be much happier.  Could be shampoo, food or any number of things.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

steve p

Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

Court Jester

I have an English Mastiff. he has the same type of skin problems. I've started adding a raw egg to his food. the vet said that it helps the coat and skin. it has helped some but not entirely. 
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

RCR_531

We had an American Pit with the same problems. The Vet had us trying enerything. I hope our new one is better.
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

the_jarhead

I have had Boxers for years.
Right now I have 2 a fawn female and a white male.

Our last Boxer was allergic to out grass. we have to put this spray on her paws all the time it sucked.

Boxer are known for allergies. It may be a food allergie they are very well known for being allergic to corn which is a bisic filler in most dog foods.

Try switching his food to a high end food it's not that much more in cost and you will notice right away a differance in the coat and "less gass"

I feed mine Canidae

HAWK

Look for a high quality food with Lamb and Rice as the main ingredients. Yes they are more expensive but really is $40 for a 30 pound bag of food (a month or more for most dogs = less than a cup of coffee a day) too much?  BTW, read the label for feeding instruction, with high quality foods you usually feed smaller ammounts making the cost about the same as the bargin supermarket foods in the end.

Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413