News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Reading the book A Twist of the Wrist. Gotta question.

Started by Marsolais, August 29, 2007, 04:11:45 PM

Speedballer347

Quote from: tstruyk on August 29, 2007, 04:45:34 PM
I read the first one 1 dozen years ago (or so it seems).  It had its good points and some were I still say  :wtf:

Never read 2, got a few chapters in and said F' it... couldnt seem to get a grip on what he was saying.

I think its just like any form of instruction. If you can pull a few things, or one REALLY good thing from it than its worth it (pending cost of course)

+1
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Marsolais

Quote from: Russell2566 on August 30, 2007, 09:01:36 AM
Could be worse, you could be watching the twist of the wrist DVD... holy camera shake and crappy commentary...

Thank gawd I didn't order that. I would be pissed.

ekraft84

Read each TOTW at least twice.  It makes more sense after reading it the first time.

For The Soft Science of Roadracing .. it was a few years ago, but that one is a bit more "out there" .. :D
Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

23sLady

Quote from: Marsolais on August 30, 2007, 01:32:24 PM
Thank gawd I didn't order that. I would be pissed.
Yep, be glad. The 2nd book is better. Was for me anyway.

Marsolais

I'm going to finish the first one up this week then start on two. I got a trackday coming up on the 6th.

steelcityracer

skip the rest of one and start right on two.  you wont miss anyting, and it is a bit easier to understand.  it is basically a revised version of one, with a few things added.

Ducmarc

I read it mark the highlights then take  on track days and read the highlights at the hotel and see how it relates to the afternoon it's dated and not perfect but what else is there?  I have heard that there are AMA tapes of the tracks they run but maybe there made by the bigger teams.

keebler

There is always something to learn.  My piece of advice, take one thing, just one, that you've read and try to apply it.  If you go out there thinking about a multitude of things to try, your mind will never focus and you'll come off feeling more confused than when you went out.

I agree with Dumarc, pay attention to the track and make notes.  It'll pay huge dividends

roadracer162

Quote from: wolf44 on August 29, 2007, 04:29:48 PM
When you crashed you used up all $10 worth of attention on the wheel hopping  and target fixating on the gravel when you should have been using $5 on throttle/brake control and $5 on staying on line :thumb:

...now it's costing you $2500 to put the whole thing back together.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.