MARRC Newsletter

Started by TheHiriser, August 23, 2007, 09:07:24 PM

TheHiriser

Ok, so I've been contemplating taking over the newsletter chair and putting out a newsletter for all of us in MARRC.  I had a couple of the old ones sent to me and I feel I'd be up to the task of putting it out again if I could get some support.

I've already been in email talks with Wendy and have all the guidelines to follow and things of that nature.

Would anyone else have anything they'd be willing to contribute to the newsletter?  Would anyone else be willing to write an article for it?  I think if I'm left to my own devices it would be a pretty boring newsletter.

Things I was contemplating adding/continuing

Cornerworker safety tips - one a newsletter re-emphasizing things we already know or should know.
Race Bike/Street Bike tips - We have some racing cornerworkers and many of us ride street.
Race results - for those who can't make it out every weekend and follow certain racers.
Injury updates - not everyone is on or wishes to be on the email list.
I had a ton of other ideas but can't remember them currently.

Keeping the usual, list of workers attending the events.  Announcements, b-days, engagements and what not.  Schedule of upcoming events, want ads, and everything else that was already in there.

Anyone else have any input?  Things they'd like to see?  Things they'd be willing to contribute?  I'm open to any and all suggestions as I said I'm feeling this out to see if I'll be going at it alone or with some support.

Simon

Brilliant Mike. We deff need to get the news letter going. I think a good idea would be to do a racer profile for each issue. Like a short interview and a pic.
Some racers give us a lot of support and it would be good to get people familiar with them, Art Diaz is one that springs to mind.
I'll help anyway I can :thumb:
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

TheHiriser

Great idea Simon and I'll add it to the list.

Guzz

Well since I don't feel the need to start a new thread, and you seem to be the person to make things happen...Howz about adding a photogallery to the M.A.R.R.C Website so we can put up pictures of the Safety crew in action after races?

This might just help get more people to volunteer getting to see what goes on, plus it can be fun for you guys to see what you all were doing during the races!

I will continue to take pics of you guys, so you have at least one photographer to help you!
GUZZ~

PRESIDENT- Mid-Atlantic Road Racing Club
www.marrc.org

Kuala76

I think that would be a great idea!  :thumb:  Now it's just the matter of figuring out who actually does the web stuff...  :ahhh: :ahhh:
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

TheHiriser

Glen and Ryan do the web stuff.  Who does what I really don't know.  Why everything doesn't work properly I really don't know.  What the solutions are I really don't know.  I've been working on a full blown idea and proposal for a total replacement for the MARRC website to include our own forum, 10,000 email addys and all kinds of other goodies.  It has been slow going because I know nothing of this sort of stuff and am relying on someone else.  But know I have stuff in the works.

The gallery would be awesome and as well I wanted to put up pics you guys take of us in action in the newsletter as well and give you a credit and put a link to your sites to give you some more action.  Would only seem fair to me.

Kuala76

Quote from: TheHiriser on August 29, 2007, 03:22:50 PM
to give you some more action

I'm sure Guzz gets plenty of action  8)  :biggrin:  :lmao:

~Uh oh...I feel smites coming !!!  :ahhh: :ahhh:
Kumi
MARRC President 2013

Kuala76

Right now as we speak, I am only half as "bad" as I am "good"  :biggrin: :biggrin: 68/34
Kumi
MARRC President 2013

TheHiriser

Well atleast they are both going up though.  So you get twice as much love as you do hate so it all cancels out right?

Simon

I think Guzz's idea is brilliant.....as far as the web site stuff goes, you're pissing in the wind. If that doesn't give you some idea of my frustration with it, well I don't know what to tell ya.

Of course..not going to the beach has made me a little cranky  :banghead:
F@cking Well Pump!!!
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

P_M

Hey All.. Just so you know.. I spoke with Mike at the last Shenny outting and I'm with Guzz, I have (as you can all attest too) on occassion snapped a shot here and there of the mighty MAARC Crew and would be more then happy to share them with you all for your newsletter/website.   :cheers:

I'll be dropping Mike a note later and we can work on some details since (also as most of you know) I have a HUGE repository of images from the last several years.. as well as a slide show that some of you may never have seen.. and it does feature a few of you in action..  :thumb:

Mike, look for the note..

As for the rest of you.. well.. It could take a while to pull ALL the images I have of you guys (since I never actually had a 'MAARC' folder) since I'll have to check every gallery for images.  IF you find some (or one) while cruising my site, just let me know to add it too the new .. "MAARC IN ACTION/AT REST" folder I'm going to create in my archives.   ::)
Ok, so I'm faster with my camera then you are with your bike..

Black Cowboy Hats - Keep the sun off my neck.
Nikon (because I use the best)
RnR Cycles - Great folks, great service
Team Pro-Motion - Just for the fun of it..
Photographing the Racing because I love the Sport and you folks ROCK!

Kuala76

Thanks Pete!  You rock!!  :thumb: :thumb:

Are you going to Road Atlanta???
Kumi
MARRC President 2013

TheHiriser

Quote from: Guzz on August 29, 2007, 01:48:06 PM
Well since I don't feel the need to start a new thread, and you seem to be the person to make things happen...Howz about adding a photogallery to the M.A.R.R.C Website so we can put up pictures of the Safety crew in action after races?

This might just help get more people to volunteer getting to see what goes on, plus it can be fun for you guys to see what you all were doing during the races!

I will continue to take pics of you guys, so you have at least one photographer to help you!

Quote from: P_M on August 30, 2007, 02:49:41 PM
Hey All.. Just so you know.. I spoke with Mike at the last Shenny outting and I'm with Guzz, I have (as you can all attest too) on occassion snapped a shot here and there of the mighty MAARC Crew and would be more then happy to share them with you all for your newsletter/website.   :cheers:

I'll be dropping Mike a note later and we can work on some details since (also as most of you know) I have a HUGE repository of images from the last several years.. as well as a slide show that some of you may never have seen.. and it does feature a few of you in action..  :thumb:

Mike, look for the note..

As for the rest of you.. well.. It could take a while to pull ALL the images I have of you guys (since I never actually had a 'MAARC' folder) since I'll have to check every gallery for images.  IF you find some (or one) while cruising my site, just let me know to add it too the new .. "MAARC IN ACTION/AT REST" folder I'm going to create in my archives.   ::)

Ok, so I've spent some time thinking on this gallery, which is a great idea.  I don't really know why we don't have a gallery, bandwidth issues?  I'll try to get an answer for this quickly. 

I know some people within the organization took pictures and they've been used in the newsletter in the past.  We've used Etech's photos with credit given to them.  I don't see why the same courtesy couldn't be given to either of you.

I have something else in mind as well.  How about I front $40 and get you both a membership in MARRC.  You don't have to necessarily be on the safety crew as a cornerworker.  Lots of racers are members.  You will have a say in what happens with the club.  Maybe then I can get you both directly in touch with the people responsible for the website?  I'm betting since you both have your own you'd be able to speak to these guys intelligently as opposed to me.

Just an idea though.