News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Riders in 2003 AMA SB and SS?

Started by Nate R, February 16, 2003, 12:13:37 PM

Nate R

Anyone know where to get a list of who's with what factories for SB and/or 600/760SS?

I can't find one anywhere. I'm just lookng for a chart for who's with Honda, Yamaha, etc.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

motomadness

If you don't want to know who is with Honda, Yamaha, etc, what factories are you looking for?  I don't think Aprilia is fielding a team, but I could be wrong.  This will be the first year the Mille meets the homologation rule.  

What information are you looking for?

Nate R

Read what I wrote again. I DO want to know who's with those factories.

"I'm just lookng for a chart for who's with Honda, Yamaha, etc. "

See?

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

motomadness

Sorry.  Check out December's Breaking News on roadracingworld.com.  I believe they list all of the factory racers around that time.  Most were even at the Daytona Dunlop Tire test in December/Jan, so that will at least get you part of the way.  

Here's what I know:
Austin Bleu Bayou Ducati - Anthony Gobert ('03 998 RS)
Dream Team Ducati - Pegram ('03 998RS)

Yamaha SB - none
Yamaha FX - Buckmaster, Hacking, Aaron Gobert
Yamaha SS - Buckmaster, Hacking, DiSalvo, Aaron Gobert
Yamaha SStock - DiSalvo

Kawasaki SB - E. Bostrom
Kawasaki SS - Miering, Tommy Hayden, E. Bostrom (at Daytona),
Kawasaki Super Stock - Miering, T. Hayden

American Honda Factory Team:

Team, Rider, AMA, Class
American Honda, Miguel Duhamel, Superbike, 600 Supersport
American Honda/Erion Racing, Kurtis Roberts, Superbike
American Honda, Ben Bostrom, Superbike

American Honda Factory Support Teams:

Team, Rider, AMA Class
Erion Racing, Jake Zemke, Formula Xtreme, 600 Supersport
Erion Racing, Roger Hayden, Formula Xtreme, 600 Supersport
Erion Racing, Alex Gobert, 600 Supersport
Bruce Transportation, Marty Craggill, Formula Xtreme, 600 Supersport
Annandale Racing, Ty Howard, Formula Xtreme, 600 Supersport
Annandale Racing, Craig Connell, Formula Xtreme, 600 Supersport
No Limit Motorsports, Jason Curtis, Formula Xtreme, 600 Supersport
No Limit Motorsports, Doug Chandler, Formula Xtreme, 600 Supersport

Suzuki SB (1000)- Mladin, Yates,
Suzuki SB (750) - Spies

Suzki Factory Supported Team -
Team Valvoline
Chris Ulrich - SS, SStock, FX/SB
Furtek - SStock
Rapp - FX/SB

There maybe a few more. Good luck finding them.

Nate R

Woah! Thanx a LOT!  :D That's a good list.

I love following the Superbike series, but I think I'll enjoy racing the CCS series a LOT more!  ;D

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

motomadness

motomadness

QuoteWoah! Thanx a LOT!  :D That's a good list.  

I love following the Superbike series, but I think I'll enjoy racing the CCS series  a LOT more!  ;D

Racing is definitely a lot more fun, but what really makes it cool is when you watch a race at a track on TV that you've actually been on yourself.  I was watching last year's double header at Road America and I never saw so much rubber being laid down in turns before.  You could actually imagine the effect of the steering input into the chassis.  It really exploited a conceiveable level of performance that I never imagined.  

I can't wait to go back.

oh344ccs

Nate, racing is far better than watching, however, it will make you respect what the AMA guys do thousands of times more than you might now. ;D  It's amazing when you go to a track where they race and you know your lap time, then you stand still at the begining of a long straight, and time the point when a fast pro goes by, untill your lap time, and just watch them dissappear.  Makes you realize just how far a few seconds can become. :o  Did I read that this will be your first year?, if so you are in the right place, the Mid west series has a great bunch of people, who would literally give you the shirt off their back to help you out. Good Luck.

P.S.  motomadness, But who's racing for who in the World Events?  Just Kidding ;D

r6_philly

Quote I don't think Aprilia is fielding a team, but I could be wrong.  This will be the first year the Mille meets the homologation rule.  

What information are you looking for?

The mille's been raced in the AMA SB at least for the last year by privateer efforts. Aprilia just doesn't support a factory team.

QuoteIt's amazing when you go to a track where they race and you know your lap time, then you stand still at the begining of a long straight, and time the point when a fast pro goes by, untill your lap time, and just watch them dissappear.  Makes you realize just how far a few seconds can become.

Like when you get your forks, shocks done, put on new tires, go out to VIR and bust your behind, shave 6 seconds off your lap time before crashing out trying for a second more off, only to realize you are still 8 seconds slower than the avg. factory rider. that would be the difference between VIR's start/finish back to almost the last turn. PER LAP. Impressive.

motomadness

That Aprilia privateer effort was still not on an SP right, due to homologation rules?  If anything thing it was a highly modified R model that was also raced in the FUSA series.

Super Dave

Yeah, the SP is a Cosworth engine.

And who raced an Aprilia in Superbike?  I know you could race it in Formula Extreme.  Buy to race in in AMA Superbike, I believe that you need to have it homolgized and post a purse.

Mike Himmelsbach told me he not riding for Aprilia this year;  he's riding for Hooter's.  Aprilia shut down their support program for him when FUSA shut down Unlimited Superbike, or whatever it was called.

And Nate...

As for lists and stuff...

Here's the deal, and you'll get more and more frustrated with it as you get into this sport...

PR attempts are really, really bad in motorcycle road racing.  Just awful.  If you wanted to know things about racing, you'd be better off going to your local car dirt track to get info on drivers, cars, etc.  They probably have  really active website for Slinger, Jefferson Speedway, and for Lake Geneva.  The CCS site was "supposed" to do a whole lot of things.  Just doesn't happen.  
Super Dave