News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Scariest Cornerworking Incident

Started by TheHiriser, August 17, 2007, 02:42:46 PM

Simon

Quote from: TheHiriser on August 29, 2007, 12:41:54 AM
And still you will ask yourself how to do it better and faster, and if you are doing everything right.
Yeah, thats right. You'll go through it just about every time.
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

Kuala76

Quote from: Simon on August 29, 2007, 06:55:25 AM
Yeah, thats right. You'll go through it just about every time.
And then go through it after the time, and then maybe again after that time!!!!
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

TheHiriser

Kuala76

Resurecting this thread to add my newest scariest incident.

Now, I have seen high HIGH HIGH sides, low sides, medevac incidents etc. involving bikes.

The "monkey" flying out of the side car disturbed me the most so far... :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:
Kumi
MARRC President 2013

TheHiriser

Quote from: Kuala76 on September 10, 2007, 11:33:49 AM
The "monkey" flying out of the side car disturbed me the most so far... :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:

This was all of our worst nightmares come true.  Having this happen right in front of Simon and I was not very pleasant at all.  Hearing the thud from the body and I swear I could hear her go "Ummmphhhffff".  Landed on her head and knees simultaneously.  The added twist is having the driver (her husband) to contend with immediately after the incident.  Puts a whole new twist on how we respond to this sort of incident.  The update I was told was a concussion and broken hand in two places.  Hoping that is all she sustained from this terrible incident.

DrD

re:

turn 10 summit, a few years ago:

i was rider no. 2.  rider no. 1 made a full recovery.  all 3 riders are still racing.  cornerworkers and EMS on scene did a great job that day.

thank you all.. and thanks to whoever got those shots.

bill davenport
dr.d racing
ccs  ex#182

Court Jester

I've had a few scary incidents coming off the bike and track at the most inopportune times. the worst was turn 1 at MAM and the scoring tower to turn 1 at Blackhawk. I'll spare you the stories but I will offer my thanks and my unquestionable gratitude to all of you for spending your weekends cleaning up our messes.
Thank You.   
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Kuala76

Quote from: DrD on December 16, 2007, 03:38:44 PM
re:

turn 10 summit, a few years ago:

i was rider no. 2.  rider no. 1 made a full recovery.  all 3 riders are still racing.  cornerworkers and EMS on scene did a great job that day.

thank you all.. and thanks to whoever got those shots.

bill davenport
dr.d racing
ccs  ex#182

Great news!  We had heard all riders were 'okay' but better even to hear it from the 'horse's mouth'. 
Kumi
MARRC President 2013

Cornerman

My first race conerworking. About 7 years ago
It was at Roebling and I was on Turn 3. It was the first race on Saturday. A bike came into turn3 and the guy who was an Am. highsided off of 3 he went tumbling and tumbling and rolling etc... He was in bad shape. I ran over to him with another guy scared to death. I thought the guy was a goner. I left the track that day wondering if I could ever do it again because of what I witnessed. The late Great Paul Farrel talked to me after and with his way of handling things calmed me down and encouraged me to do it again. I haven't stopped since.

Cornerman

Turn 4 at VIR 2 years ago at the Nationals.
ASRA Superbike race. WET!!!
The whole pack came into 4. Nearly all of them went sliding and riding off. So many went off I couldn't even begin to tell Alan just how many and who. I think I said over the radio almost all of them went off in t4. Everyone was ok. A few riders couldn't continue we laughed a little about it. I figured these guys would have been more careful.They  were all muddy and looked like they played football rather than raced bikes. It made for a real slop fest for the rest of the day. Race after race people slid off that turn. I was very tired after that day. I told the riders I had enough and would start charging them for parking. It didn't work. :lmao:

P_M

Dr. D - That was I on camera for that incident.. Still an 'ouch' moment for sure.. And it's always good to see everyone back up and at it again.

See ya out there..
Ok, so I'm faster with my camera then you are with your bike..

Black Cowboy Hats - Keep the sun off my neck.
Nikon (because I use the best)
RnR Cycles - Great folks, great service
Team Pro-Motion - Just for the fun of it..
Photographing the Racing because I love the Sport and you folks ROCK!