News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Over Running Flags - Penalty??

Started by Kuala76, August 14, 2007, 09:50:13 AM

Woofentino Pugrossi

Suzy, theres a LOT of things brought up at the riders meeting, but as Mike pointed out, theres not much listening going on.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

TheHiriser

It'll take someone getting hurt in order for things to change it seems.  I think that is the only reason not much is made of these types of incidents when they happen.

SVbadguy

In the Mid-Atlantic region all the flags are discussed at least once during the Saturday riders meeting and then some again on Sunday.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

barb_arah

Some riders don't even show up to the meetings, let alone not pay attention. 
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

Suzy

I do realize there is alot of stuff against getting a rider to do what you need him to do.  Is there a fine impossed when a rider does not show up for a meeting, would it do any good?
2005 Rookie Corner Worker of the Year!

Woofentino Pugrossi

No fine for not showing up. Even when its 'threatened', still about half dont show. Much like the blend line rule at BHF. How many times have we had people WHO RACED THERE REGULARLY cross the blend line coming out of the pits? Or people who go out in the wrong practice session?
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

r1owner

At Road America this year, I passed two riders coming up the front straight under a waving yellow.  I saw the flag, but was going so fast, I didn't have time to register what I'd just did.  After turn 1, it all caught up to me and I realized what I'd done.  So after T2, I waved both riders back by me.