I hate crotch rockets

Started by Jeff, August 13, 2007, 10:35:54 AM

motobenco

Rescue and restoration of 60's & 70's motorcycles, former pro-racer, motorsports enthusiast.

dylanfan53

+1

Maybe they just made a "bad choice".

:biggrin:
Don Cook
CCS #53

HAWK

Quote from: r1owner on August 13, 2007, 07:44:51 PM
If we all called someone for doing something stupid, I'd never put my cellphone down while driving.

I think it's stupid that they do it, but I'm not about to call the cops about it.

I'd rather call them for the idiot that's backing up on the highway cause they missed their exit, or for the dumbass that decides he want's to jump in line, so he passes 500 cars that are in line, then decides to stop on the highway right before the exit so he can get over.  THAT fucker deserves to get his ass kicked.  Or what about the person that can't merge cause they get on at 40 MPH or the person that accidentally got in the turn lane, but instead of turning when the arrow goes, they'd rather wait and make the 20 other cars behind them pay for their mistake.  What about those people?

The problem here is that those 6 morons are making a bad impression on car drivers that those drivers then stereotype onto ALL riders. I would not hesitate to make the call that Jeff did. I don't want to be affected by the actions of those idiots. It is riders like them that get laws enacted that I have to follow, laws that those riders will not obey any more than they obey the laws they broke in front of Jeff. I on the other hand do obey traffic laws and will be stuck obeying new laws enacted as a knee jerk response those idiots.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

r1owner

They're only laws if they're enforced.

spyderchick

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Burt Munro

Quote from: Court Jester on August 13, 2007, 06:22:50 PM
  I just get bugged by phone calls to the cops. Because I have 7 bikes and one person has a cell phone, I had the cops at my house twice this weekend. Once because two guys ditched a sheriff deputy and once because someone passed a car in a no passing zone doing a wheelie. Constantly hearing “someone called in a complaint about blah blah blah. You know anything about that?” gets real freaken old.

Jester,

I got a solution for you.  Set up a web cam at home so the cops can instantly tell whether you're home or not.  Now if they happen to look for you while you're 'out with your friends' you might have some 'splainin to do!!
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Jeff

For clarification purposes here... the word "YOU" is not anyone in particular (even though I did address Jester singly at one point).  It's anyone...

I really had mixed feelings about making the call.  It pissed me off to have to do it.  Like I said, the first time I shook my head, the second time I got a bit pissed and finally when I realized they weren't going to exit, move over or stop their idiocy, I called. 

People who do shit like this on the freeway DESERVE every thing they get.  They have zero consideration for anyone else, and will scream bloody murder when the cops harrass them or they get merged into by a semi.  Well, honestly after seeing some of this shit, I understand it!  Profiling?  Call it whatever you want.

Jester, I've owned well over 100 bikes and have been very public about it in every neighborhood I've lived.  Not *ONCE* have the cops showed up at my house because there was a complaint or they thought it might be me.  Not once.

I've had a neighbor though who thought it was cool to leave his house at 6:30am running 35 in 1st gear just to hear how loud his freaking D&D could get.  The cops were 'harrassing' him constantly.  See the connection?  Was he guilty every time?  Hell no.  However, through his actions, he caused the shit he got. 

I'm just saying, HAVE SOME CONSIDERATION.  Consideration for those around you who don't want to hear your bike.  Consideration for those who don't want to be ridden past while you're doing a standup wheelie (which I will admit, I wish I could do, but I can't so whatever).  Consideration for the fact that if you drop a bike at 75mph in 6 lanes of traffic, you have the ability to kill MANY people as that bike flips over the short median barrier into oncoming traffic, and people ass-pack each other trying to avoid the carnage.  Far fetched?  possibly, but it's quite realistic. 

We've all seen how far bikes can fly.  Why the hell people line up at Road A or BHF or wherever to watch a stunt show 5-10 feet away is beyond me.  They've obviously never tried to pick up a downed bike and then thought "hmmm, how would that feel if I tried to CATCH it in mid air?"

Fact is, doing things like this is uncool and for me personally, unacceptable.  You bet I'll call the cops on your ass.

Again, consider how uncomfortable you'd be if I showed up to your kids birthday party with 6 friends and started tossing around loaded weapons or drawing down on people...  There is no difference here in my opinion.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

George_Linhart

Jester - after what you posted, do you really wonder why the police always come to your house after there are reports of reckless motorcycle riding?  For the record, I have never done any of this going down the highway - I don't think its cool and I don't believe "everyone" else does it.  Maybe all your riding buddies do, but then again, that seems to be part of reason you have a problem with the law enforcement officers...

If you don't like the attention that the actions of you and your friends generate, keep the agressive riding to private property - not public roads.  How can you expect the police to respect you, when you don't respect them or the other population on the roads?

George

Burt Munro

I knew it , I knew it, I knew it!

From the first day I saw Jester's helmet with the 'mohawk' on it I knew there was something different about him.  Now I know.

Jester is a REBEL!
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Court Jester

Oh snap dawg. It's not worth arguing or finger pointing. Like I said, I can see both sides of the issue. I just chunked out my two cents. If that's how you decide to handle it, then cool. I wouldn't handle it the same way, but then everyone is unique in their own respect. I'm not pointing the finger and calling you or anyone else a bad person for calling the cops. The have a job to do and that is their job.

And honestly, I really don't have a problem with the cops. I know they are just doing their job and I can respect that. Though I don't respect the fact of how most of them present themselves at times. Such as showing up and telling my kids their going to take me to jail because someone complained about sliding to a stop and taking off fast. If they come and question me for something I did, it's cool. I'll talk, I'll be super nice, offer them a drink, whatever. I have two tickets for ADMITTING to doing a wheelie that people complained about. But I have been known to tell a fib to the pole-fuzz from time to time too. But when I have never even once pulled a wheelie through Lancaster on the bike, I have seldom topped 5mph over the posted limit within 5 miles of town, and I have a stock pipe on the 929, I do get a little bugged when the cops follow me all the way through town and stop me at the edge of town to complain about my "Loud bike" while I was in second gear most of the time anyway. "I could hear it from back there in my car Mr. Middleton." Yeah, he had his window down. That's freaken retarded cop crap.   

When I get out and ride stupid, I keep it confined to back roads most of the time but 151 does have this super cool hill that I can't resist topping on one wheel. I've taken the bike between rows of cars at 100mph on one wheel, done the same with Harley riders, I've skimmed them on the right at 170 something, I've passed Harleys and cars with a knee down through a clover leaf. And I do get in trouble for it some times. Is it smart? Oh god no. I'll admit it's bordering on mental retardation, maybe even a bit over the boarder line. But it's fun and something I just never consider while I'm doing. Can I claim A.D.D. on that??? Either way, when I do crap like that, I fully expect to talk to the cops and I always take the long way around to hit the back roads into town to avoid it because I've learned that even 4 counties over makes it back to Lancaster's Glock Squats before I get home. But if it's for something I did, I honestly don't have a leg to stand on with a complaint about the cops bothering me. It's 100% my fault.

What does get me are the folks that feel they are the road police and there for obligated to snitch, cry, call the cops, get out and scream at you at a stop light, or try to run you into a ditch just because they didn't like what you were doing. The cops can't do anything if they don't see it. Unless you are drunk and belligerent when they show up. They don't like being called poor, uneducated, fat, sloppy, Glock egoed, dim wits. They can and will talk to the city attorney and find a reason to mail you a ticket later. Freaken white people. Which means it has nothing to do with the law, but rather a power struggle so they can puff their chest a little.

God, this is way long. Anyway, no, I don't think all cops are all bad. No I don't think people should be allowed to do stuff like that on open roads. No I do not think it is smart to do stuff like that on open roads. Yes I do think it's fun to do it. No I do not think they have "No reason" to bother me. Yes I do expect to be bothered. Yes I do expect them to act like professionals in their field of service while they talk to me. No I do not think it is right that they bug me as much as they do when the local cops here have only pulled me over for going 7mph over the posted limit in my truck. Yes I do think I should probably lose the Mohawk when riding on the street. Yes I do think most cops  (NOT ALL COPS) are poor, uneducated, fat, sloppy, glock egoed, dim wits who break more laws than they uphold and have to carry a prick persona to over compensate for their own ignorant short comings. But then some would say the same about me I suppose. No I'm not a rebel. No I don't try to be. No I don't think it is right to call the cops. And most importantly; no I don't think it is wrong to call the cops either. Like I said, mixed emotions on it.

CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

spyderchick

C'mon there Jester, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.  :biggrin:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

xb9racer

Consider the person that runs over them with their car cause the assmunch dumps it while doing the wheelie. I couldn't give two shits less about the guy on the bike. Brought it upon himself. But what about the poor driver that has to live with the fact of possible killing some one? Stupid is as stupid does. I work in Chicago every day, and doing a wheelie ANYWHERE there is just fucking stupid.  :finger: