Chain tool

Started by Fast4fun, August 08, 2007, 08:23:51 PM

Fast4fun

What's the best chain tool for breaking and installing a new chain? Which ones should I avoid?
CCS Mid West EX #675
Tri 675

roadracer162

I like the EK tool. Seems pretty hearty material.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

loc_dogg

Motion pro makes nice tools. I bought the chain kit for about $100. I love it.

dylanfan53

EK looks good.  I use Motion Pro Part # 08-0058 CHAIN BREAKER & RIVETING TOOL.   Works pretty well for the price.  Be sure to follow instructions!  If you leave too much of the pin exposed, as I did the first time I used it, it will easily break off.
Don Cook
CCS #53

proechel539

A little grease on the end of the riveting tool helps it last a little longer also.
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Fast4fun

Thanks for your input. For no reason at all I ignored all of your usefull suggestions and went with the RK breaker, riveting tool. I have an RK chain so it made sense. It seems solidly built but I'll let you know if it goes to sh&t on the first use.
CCS Mid West EX #675
Tri 675

F2RGK

Quote from: Fast4fun on August 14, 2007, 01:10:09 AM
Thanks for your input. For no reason at all I ignored all of your usefull suggestions and went with the RK breaker, riveting tool. I have an RK chain so it made sense. It seems solidly built but I'll let you know if it goes to sh&t on the first use.

Legend,

You are too smart to use a chain breaker....leave that up to us guyz' who like to get dirty!  Cya- Big RoNny
If you're not Smilin' while you're ridin', then QUIT!

LMsports

The best chain tool that I have ever used (and the only one that has lasted me more than a couple of months) is the Motion Pro jumbo chain tool. Is pricey but I've had mine for years and it is heavy duty and gets the job done right. I have a few in stock would sell one for 110.00. Best investment in a chain tool you'll ever make. Probably the last one you would ever buy.
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net