News:

MAJOR forum upgrade Feb 17.  Let me know if you have problems

Main Menu

Galfer Stainless Steel Lines...Anyone have problems bleeding them?

Started by qtsuper03, August 06, 2007, 12:41:53 AM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

qtsuper03

Basically the question is in the Subject line.   Anyone have a problem bleeding the Galfer Stainless Steel brake lines?  I think I have been working on the front brake lines for at least 2 hours...Or it feels like two hours.  Help Help Help...Pleaaaaaaaasssseeee :whine:

Super Dave

Well, I know there are some good posts on this. 

What have you done to bleed them so far?  What bike and Master Cylinder?

Super Dave

qtsuper03

I have just used the one man bleeder from AutoZone.  I just put in fluid with the resevior cap on then pump the front brake and open the bleeder with a wrench.  I have a hose on top of the nipple to see the fluid/air come out into a little bottle.  Then I just repeat the steps over and over again.  But I started on this last night and came home and am still working on it.  This is very fustrating.  I have not had any real problems bleeding the oem lines before.   Any advise on maybe installation of lines?  I used the correct washers in between the lines. 

Thanks,
Q

Super Dave

Have you bled the banjo bolt at the master cylinder?  Are you closing the nipple between the groups of your pumps?


:biggrin:  Ok, that sounds funny...
Super Dave

resurection

Try zip tying the brake lever to the bar open both bleeders.and go have a beer.Also check relief hole in reservoir.
After a brake service or rebuild, bleeding can be the most patents challenging thing you will do on a bike in along time

qtsuper03

I think I have it working now.  What I did was just fill the reservoir then release the bolt at the point where the caliper is connected then let the fluid slowly leak out.  I then made sure the fluid was not below the level low level in the reservoir.  I did this on both sides.  Then i tightened the bolts at the point where the calipers are connected then continued with the conventional method of opening the nipple with a plastic hoes over the nipple and pumping the brake then tighten.  This worked/works the best.