Started by Noidly1, August 05, 2007, 02:03:45 AM

Noidly1

SD and Gus;

You got a # for R&D?

Super;

Whats wrong with Barnetts?
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Super Dave

I don't know it off the top of my head.  I'd google it, and you should be able to come up with it.
Super Dave

Super Dave

Quote from: Noidly1 on August 06, 2007, 10:50:30 PM
Super;

Whats wrong with Barnetts?
Well, what's wrong with the OEM ones?

I've seen the Barnetts have big adjustment problems.  Seem to expand very differently.  Maybe someone else has a better answer.  But I've had to experience the problem on the one Harley I rode, a vintage CB750 race bike, and a current production race bike that I had.  Maybe it's different now, but I have too much good luck with the OEM stuff.

I have recently tried a clutch from DP Brakes, but it's a completely different material, so I'm kind of excited to see how that works.
Super Dave

Burt Munro

Quote from: Noidly1 on August 06, 2007, 10:36:16 PM
mark;

I don't see racer22 on the member list.

I've been collecting parts too.

check this link for roadracer22.......

http://www.ccsforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=2434
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Noidly1

Well, today I got to play with it.
Thought I'd be able to split the cases and pull out the gears, but NnnOOOoooo...
In Yamaha's infanite wisdom, they decided to put 2 bolts under the # 2 & 3 cylinders.
So I had to pull the head and jugs first. Guess it was a good thing though. Cam chain seems loose, bends to the side quite a bit.

Time for an overhaul I guess. There wasn't any noise, so should I mess with main and rod bearings? Rods seem to have nominal movement.
I do think now is a good time to change the rings since it is apart and do a valve job. Any suggestions on who to go to for head work?

'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Noidly1

'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Noidly1

Just to let all know, PSCook sent me a tranny and a flywheel I needed.
Today I had sent off the 2 trannies to Orient X so they can do their magic.

I took my head in to the shop for a valve job, after they got it apart, I brought it back home and ported it. With my race car engine building experience, I figured it would be easy. After I was done, I took it back to the shop for them to cut the seats and finish the rest.

Now, I understand fluid and air dynamics but, from what I was told, after the fact which I did, you are not supposed to knife edge the area between the valves. Why? Yes, aircraft wings have a rounded leading edge and a sharp trailing edge. But, I believe that since I am not tying to "fly" though the air, I am directing the air. How can this be bad? Please explain.
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: Noidly1 on September 07, 2007, 04:42:57 PM
Now, I understand fluid and air dynamics but, from what I was told, after the fact which I did, you are not supposed to knife edge the area between the valves. Why? Yes, aircraft wings have a rounded leading edge and a sharp trailing edge. But, I believe that since I am not tying to "fly" though the air, I am directing the air. How can this be bad? Please explain.

If someone knows differently correct me, but I believe I heard it's to stop the atomized fuel from partially seperating back to a liquid state?
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Ducmarc

sorry was late posting it my mistake it was roadracer22

resurection

I believe the knife edge ,aims the flow and causes unwonted turbulence.
The atomised fuel responds best when the mixture is completely and smoothly enveloped around valve circumference .
More like filling room with fumes that will be sucked out when door is opened,as apposed to aiming a hosed  stream of gas into the corner.

Ducmarc

all the 996 style ducati heads are knife edged in the intake port and they work pretty good .

Noidly1

What would it be if it where extrude-honed? Round or sharp? Smooth for sure.
That's If one could even afford to have it done.
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX