Engine break in proceedure???

Started by zeroice, August 03, 2007, 05:35:19 PM

EX_#76

Your crash seemed to come on very suddenly, I did not expect anything to go wrong.  When it all happened I thought you had trailed the brake in too deep, but afterwards I thought about it and you did not seem to be slowing down.  Your front tire was really close to the curbing on the inside of 6.  Maybe you touched the curb.  You rolled from the apex to just beyond the exit, something like 50 feet i would imagine.  You were however, tumbling at a higher than normal RPM.  The thing that was tuff is that you were tumbling on the race line, if you had slid you would have moved out of the grove.  I had to break as hard as I dared, and not stand the bike up as you were slowly moving out of the race line.
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

123user

whats "tumbling at higher than normal rpm",  I think astronauts pass out at 20rpm.  I'm pretty sure, that my head was the only thing slowing me down.  ya know...  rrrrvvv, thump,  rrrrvvv, thump, rrrvvv, thump.  Its gotta be pretty painful watching someone my size tumble

I'm pretty sure I didn't hit the apron,  I know I didn't trail brake, cause I wasn't using any brakes.  I'm claiming chipmunk interference.

Ducmarc

there's nothing worse than crashing and not knowing why or not having a reason why.sometimes i think the chasiss and or the tire acts abnormal and this momentary loss of feed back puts you on the pavement fast or slow. but i'm not an engineer just a guy who crashes occasonally for no reason. glad your ok though.

EX_#76

Quote from: 123user on August 07, 2007, 05:46:33 PM
whats "tumbling at higher than normal rpm",  I think astronauts pass out at 20rpm.  I'm pretty sure, that my head was the only thing slowing me down.  ya know...  rrrrvvv, thump,  rrrrvvv, thump, rrrvvv, thump.  Its gotta be pretty painful watching someone my size tumble

I'm pretty sure I didn't hit the apron,  I know I didn't trail brake, cause I wasn't using any brakes.  I'm claiming chipmunk interference.

I don't know the exact RPM, I did not have time to get my tach out!!!  If you are using race tires, I would check the setup on your bike (or stick with the chipmunk story).  The front should not have tucked at that speed.  As far as my pain... I am sure it was less than yours LOL.

See ya at BHF
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

123user

I've since used more entrance speed with the same setup, same tires at blackhawk... no problems!  I'm telling you... chipmunk is the only explaination.  But seriously,  I just hit a slick spot.  I should have made that turn at that speed on Chen Shin

F2RGK

Are you guys done now?  Remember this...it's all Nut's and Bolts!  If it was built right the first time....let it RIP!!!  Cya on the track :cheers:
If you're not Smilin' while you're ridin', then QUIT!