bullet camera questions (atc2k oregon scientific)

Started by zeroice, August 02, 2007, 04:45:06 PM

zeroice

So I got an el cheapo bullet camera and 2GB SD memory card. Actually I got 2; one for forward viewing and one for backwards viewing. Got one off ebay for $85 shipped. Paid another $20 for the 2gig card shipped.

Anyone got this camera? is it worth the money? What do you think about it?

I tried it out on the road (on a touring harley bike) and it sounds like crap... Sound is saturated? Don't know how to describe it, it sounds very static like, like its clipping. Anyways, I also found some footage on the internet of some track riders using the same camera, it too sounds poor.

I thought about covering up the microphone hole, maybe it will improve sound quality? Anyone got any ideas on how much I should "cover" the mic hole? maybe tape a piece of ear plug memory foam to it? Or will a simple piece of duct tape work?

Krishna A. Pribadi
CCS #707

loc_dogg

What do expect for $80? I got one used a few times and don't know where it is and don't care. The thing SUX! If you want good vid/aud quality then you have to spend some money. I honestly don't think you can do much to make it  "better". Just put on some bad ass sound tracks and it will be cool!

DavidV

use jbweld over the mic
also, make sure you format the card with fat16, any other file system will fuck it up

also, screw the cap on very tight.  otherwise the card will vibrate out and you will lose all of your video

change batteries twice a day too. you will get 2 or 3 sessions per sd card

zeroice

wow, JB weld it? are u kidding? I wonder if the batteries will last for 2hrs straight for the solo challenge
Krishna A. Pribadi
CCS #707

Garywc

Quote from: zeroice on August 02, 2007, 07:11:43 PM
wow, JB weld it? are u kidding? I wonder if the batteries will last for 2hrs straight for the solo challenge

maybe when you pit in for fuel you can change batteries
does it have a quick change battery?
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

DavidV

no i'm not kidding. It muffles the mic.  Ryan Nelson was the one who told me about it. He is basically the dude that started using the ATC line of cameras on race bikes.

They are good cameras for the money. You just need to be aware of their faults. Make sure the cap on your camera, has foam in it (a recently added feature by Oregon Scientific). This is to press against the SD card to keep it in. That's why I told you to tighten your cap very tight. The SD card ejects easily

Don't forget to format your SD card with FAT16 file system. Also, older PC's have trouble reading the 2gb cards. Just be advised

http://www.29dreamsracing.com/videos.htm

DavidV

Your batteries will last 2 hours
Your SD card may not. It will be close

One IMPORTANT THING to remember. TURN OFF THE CAMERA before ejecting the card or batteries. If you yank the batteries out or eject the card without stopping, you will lose your video.

Spooner427

I use the same camera and have no problems. The sound is not the best but the camera is sealed to be water proof so the microphone doesn't have great sound quality. If you goto youtube and search spooner427 you can see a bunch of video I have put up there using the ATC-2000.

Spooner

zeroice

Word up DaveV!

I read the manual cover to cover. And I did format it to FAT16.

I'm a little hesitant to put jb weld on it but... I guess it's not hard to remove.

Thanks for the help.

Gary, I might make a custom quick disconnect battery magazine... Do the battery change in 2 seconds.... hehhehehe, j/k.

Gary, you going to BHF? Ivan gonna fly in while you transport his bike? its a 12~14 hr drive for me... how bout you?
Krishna A. Pribadi
CCS #707

Garywc

not sure if Ivan is flying or riding out with me
I am going to pick up paul on the way and i am bringing Bills team challenge SV and this week when i am at louden for the pro school i am going to pick up his other sv so he can do some sprints.
so i am bringing 5 bikes out there.
think i may do the GTO just to play with Ivan some more before the solo challenge
you going to do any sprints or the track day?

CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776

zeroice

Krishna A. Pribadi
CCS #707

Garywc

CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776