News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Question for Paul V

Started by Burt Munro, July 31, 2007, 10:51:01 PM

Burt Munro

Any chance that you have something that goes, 'blinky, blinky, blinky' still on your bike? :kicknuts:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

PaulV

Yes,

you are correct Rick,
should be on its way back to Eric as I type this...

My Baaaaaaaaaad..

Paul
See Better, Ride Safer!

Burt Munro

Not a problem at all, just giving you some crap!

If you're going to be at the next Blackhawk I'm sure it would be OK to return it there.  It won't be needed until then.

If you want I can PM Bill Fehrman's number to you.  He maintains custody of them between races.

Super Dave

From now on, Paul will be in charge of my blinky, blinky.  Maybe mine will be in my bike then.
Super Dave

PaulV

Thanks Rick,

that would be much appreciated!  I was just going to use the same return address I did last time... :banghead: but if it needs to go to Bill, I can do that to.

Yeah Dave,

I don't seem to have any issues putting them on, its just the taking them off part...:)

Cheaper to fed-x them back to Eric then to run with out one...:)

Paul
See Better, Ride Safer!

Burt Munro

Quote from: PaulV on August 01, 2007, 03:02:03 AM

Cheaper to fed-x them back to Eric then to run with out one...:)

Paul

I can't imagine anyone running a race WITHOUT the transmitter on their bike......

Why, if you did that you probably wouldn't get scored for that race!  That wouldn't make any sense, would it? :kicknuts:

red900

BURT, You knock that crap off....  I am still pissed about forgetting that transponder...  Seriously, if you are freaking 15 Seconds out frint, why the hell do you even need a transponder..  It aint like I was battling mid pack and confusing the manual score girls up there..  That is what that army of women over the start line do correct?   Freaking 200 dollars and 35 points out the window....  GRRRRRRR

#950....

Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

Burt Munro

Dustin,

Actually that wasn't for your benefit!!!! But now that you mention it.......

You didn't have a copyright on the maneuver that day.   And they don't cut you a break when you go Expert either - just ask Super Dave for advice on how to plead your case!!   He was in the same boat on Sunday.

I debated telling you when you were on the grid - decided if it was me, I would want to know.  Figured you could pull in to put it on when/if it was discovered.

Afraid they have to make it a severe penalty otherwise there'd be less urgency for many riders to make sure they're in place.

In your case, it was easy to keep track of where you were - not always that way though.

Now if you want to talk about going out for the sighting lap of a race you're not entered in, that's another story!! :kicknuts:

Rick

dylanfan53

Quote from: Burt Munro on August 07, 2007, 10:37:15 PM
Now if you want to talk about going out for the sighting lap of a race you're not entered in, that's another story!! :kicknuts:

Come on Rick, let's hear it.  We need to know since we may need to use cumulative scoring toward the Mr. Potato Head award at the end of the year!
Don Cook
CCS #53

red900

Ya, that was me...   but come on, I ran 6 races on sunday, my mind was weak by the end of the day....
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

Burt Munro

Quote from: dylanfan53 on August 07, 2007, 11:03:24 PM
Come on Rick, let's hear it.  We need to know since we may need to use cumulative scoring toward the Mr. Potato Head award at the end of the year!

Don,

Lets give the culprit a day or two to fess up.   He might just visit this thrread.  Incident I'm referring to was Sunday July 29th at Blackhawk.  

Now if others want to fess up too, that'd be just fine, I'm sure there's enough shame to dish out for everyone!!

Now if the criminal doesn't care to reveal himself we may just have to 'out' him!!

Burt Munro

Deep thoughts.....

Has anyone ever won the daily double?

Season Points Championship and Mr. Potato Head Award in the same season  :ass:

red900

I dont think so buddy.....

:banghead:
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

tstruyk

Quote from: Burt Munro on August 08, 2007, 12:35:46 AM
Don,

Lets give the culprit a day or two to fess up.   He might just visit this thrread.  Incident I'm referring to was Sunday July 29th at Blackhawk.  

Now if others want to fess up too, that'd be just fine, I'm sure there's enough shame to dish out for everyone!!

Now if the criminal doesn't care to reveal himself we may just have to 'out' him!!

you know Rick... thats a bunch of shit.  I happen to struggle finding my pit and over shoot it a bit (ok by a 1/4 mile) in a team challange once(well once at RA, I still say I had time to check out the north course at ACC, so twice... whatever) and you have NOOOOOOOOOOOO problem calling me out.  you getting soft in your old age?   :ass:

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

r1owner

He certainly doesn't have a problem remembering my fook-ups! :)

Of course, they are quite a bit more uh..... Stuntacular and therefore leave a lasting impression...... on my bodywork. :(

dylanfan53

The man does have stories...like about a certain mr. taterhead (who will remain nameless) who decided to create his own 1 1/2 wave in between a two wave race.  :lmao: 
Don Cook
CCS #53

Burt Munro

Ok.....  so my secrets out.

The only reason I show up for the races is because I can count on getting a good laugh from you guys when somebody does something 'entertaining'!

Did I tell you about the guy at Road America that was gridded in Row 24?  83 bikes on the grid.

He takes off with the 1st wave and carefully picked his way through 10 rows of bikes that were sitting motionless with AM riders holding their hands in the air before he realized that it was a 2 wave start.

But the best part is that things began to click in his head when he broke into the clear as he got past Row 15  - and he STOPPED at Row 13!!

At this point you've already got the Meatball in your pocket  - might as well go for broke and keep on rolling with the 1st wave!!   :cheers:

I'll have to try and remember who it was - definitely Mr Potato Head material!! :thumb:

r1owner

LOL, that is good stuff!

The exact opposite of sitting in the 1st wave and thinking you're in the second...  :err: :banghead:

red900

Yep,   he came by me while we were putting our hands back down on the bars...  Pretty funny.
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier