News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

GSXR 1000 legal for HW Superbike

Started by mdr14, February 13, 2003, 03:55:39 PM

mdr14

I heard a rumor that The inline four cylinder 1000cc motorcycles will be legal for Heavy weight SuperBike in CCS for 2003.

Wow, wouldn't that be great. That provide another class for those bikes to run in and let CCS make a few extra spondoolies each weekend.
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

Super Dave

Look in the rule book.  I haven't heard it.

It would really require them to eliminate Unlimited Supersport and lump any thing Unlimited in to Heavyweight.
Super Dave

mdr14

I know the rule book doesn't say so, I just heard they were going to amend Heavy weight Superbike only ( not any supersport class) to allow a maximum displacement of 1000cc in line four cylinder motocycles to compete.

I also checked the cosmic temporal rule book. The fabric of time and space would still hold together having Unlimited Supersport exist, and having those same bikes legal in Heavyweight Superbike. Now, under those rules, IF I took advantage of superbike rules and obey the 1000cc displacement limit, I could not legally run in supersport, thus only leaving 2 classes ( GTO and Unlimited Grand Prix) for a 1000cc maximum displacement Superbike. How can CCS be profitable when a guy can only run 2 classes a weekend?

That sure would be proactive on CCS's part in regards to the current trend of 1000cc motorcycles being the premier displacement configuration in Premier classes around the world. This along with the obvious demise of any new 750cc offerings from anyone. It certainly made sense to me.

I have noticed in the past that CCS has been aware of the changing trends in roadracing. I have always seen them be on the forefront of positive change. My feeling is that once again, CCS will be ahead of the curve in this regard.
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

Super Dave

I know there was talk from some about trying to get 1000cc fours in F40.  It didn't happen.  

And with the demise of FUSA Unlimited Superbike, Unlimited GP seems to be the only thing.  

But if you make 1000 fours legal in Heavyweight, then they only have two classes too...  GTO and HWSS that are really for them.  Haven't thrown a leg over a GSXR, but the R1 has me pretty impressed.
Super Dave