News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

bodywork painting??

Started by hmpmark, February 13, 2003, 12:30:29 PM

hmpmark

Can anyone suggest a good painter for race bodywork in the NW suburbs/Chicago area??

Chef

somebody call craig shock fuh dis guy......

he'll be on soon..... in wisconsin tho....

40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

EX#996

Quotesomebody call craig shock fuh dis guy......

he'll be on soon..... in wisconsin tho....

Craig lives in Illinois.

I live in Wisconsin.  I could try my hand at Krylon and we could see how it looks!   ;)

Dawn  
Paul and Dawn Buxton

roadracer797

Thanks Ike
Hey I am going to do a weird paint job on my bike this year and yes I will do others also just e-mail me and we will work it out. I won't do gold though the most bs paint to do-right Ike ;D
Craig

fourandsix

QuoteCan anyone suggest a good painter for race bodywork in the NW suburbs/Chicago area??

Call Fastlane 847-626-1701 ask for Denny , he is in Skokie

DanO966

Call Mike up at MasterCraft in Wauconda.  He's awesome!!  Great work.  847-487-8787
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

motomadness

Craig,

Please check your e-mail.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Why spend alot of cash on a paint job on a RACEBIKE? $100 is plenty.  ;D I used rattle cans to paint mine and it came out quite well.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Nate R

Rob, do you have pics of your bodywork anywhere?

Also, did you use a clear coat spray as well?

I'll be painting my bike all yellow, and probably with a clearcoat. (Easy w/ no # plates, and sponsor colors will show up well.)
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

motomadness

There are differnt schools of thought as to why a paint should look good - make your sponsors look good, make our series look good to the spectators and lastly, make yourself look good (for the photos).  If you can do this consistently with the rattle can, excellent, if not, consider your paint as an investment.  You can look professional long before you actually are a professional.  If you plan to race over the next few years, you should sprive to bike your sponsorship base, so you drive down your personal cost and look better both on and off the track.

I agree, don't go with an expensive paint job.  So keep the scheme simple.  Use sponsor sticker colors to "dress-up" your scheme.  Believe me, rattle can is inexpensive, but it is still very hard to match the quality you can get from a good professional paint job.  

Maybe what we need to do is form a local racing group whereby we can maximize our purchasing muscle buying equipment we use as racers.  Including paint guns, tools, machining/welding equipment.  This would definitely make it cheap for all of us.

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteRob, do you have pics of your bodywork anywhere?

Also, did you use a clear coat spray as well?

I'll be painting my bike all yellow, and probably with a clearcoat. (Easy w/ no # plates, and sponsor colors will show up well.)

YEp I used clear spray.

HEres teh best pic of my bike

It was a fast job though. THere are spots that are so so, but you'll never notice it while its on teh track.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Nate R

That looks pretty good! What brand of clear did you use?

Thanx for the info, Rob.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(