News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

GPS enabled Lap Timer

Started by Yoyo, July 20, 2007, 12:08:52 PM

Yoyo

We have just got these in, and are quite impressed with these lap timers.
They combine the functions of a: Lap Timer - Speedometer - Tachometer - Shift Light

http://www.yoyodyneti.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=CCATHG3

Super Dave

Super Dave

Jeff

Fred, that is awesome.  Any idea if they have a mapping software or any future plans for additional data acquisition points?
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Willyz

Wow, that is really cool. You should send me one so I can post a review....    ::)

PM me and I'll send you my shipping address?   :biggrin:

BK
gadget boy

Super Dave

LOL!  I think Jeff and I would be first in line.

Either way, I think Fred has it covered.
Super Dave

HAWK

To expand on Jeff's point, I would be much more interested if it was able to display or at least give me programable lights for oil press and water temp. By it's appearance this looks to be intended as race dash and I for one NEED those indications.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Jeff

How cool is Fred Renz?  Let me tell you...

I will have one of these models on Friday and will bring it to BHF.  I will need some test pilots who will be willing to help me try this out and review it.

After we get a review up, this will be auctioned for the Red Flag Fund.

THAT is how cool Fred Renz is...

(test pilots inquire within)
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

racerhall

looks cool, i will come check it out this weekend jeff
Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

racerhall

so this would repalce the stock instrament cluster
Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

Jeff

on most new bikes, this wouldn't be a direct replacement because it has no oil pressure, water temp or fuel indicators.

On an older bike? Perhaps.  However, it moreover provides a significantly advanced lap-timer function.

Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

I'll be at Blackhawk on Friday, Jeff.  If you need a spot to test, I can probably provide one for you and Fred.
Super Dave

Court Jester

i can crash test it for you if you'd like. i have a 75% crash rate at blackhawk
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Jason748

Uh..Ah...Oh...  Test Gear...  I'll stop by and take a look.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

Spooner427

Anyone else run a Veypor VR2 at the track? I have been using one this year with hit and miss success. It has a lap timer, not GPS but does data logging. It will show you RPM, Speed, Gear, G-force, Distance,Torque, HP  and Time throughout the track. You download it on your computer and can review and overlay laps against each other to compare. They are also constantly upgrading firmware and adding options customers request.

Spooner

Super Dave

I think that Jeff might start a new thread on this, but I got to use it in a race and in a practice session.  Since the SV is a simple ignition, getting the tach opportunity was a matter of using two zip ties 4cm apart, don't ask Jeff and I how we measured, to hold the wire pick up. 

We fired it, and it wasn't the right RPM, and I told Jeff there had to be something for that.  We went into the menu and found something we could change and we got the RPM's right.  Also changed the clock from "Zulu" time to our time zone with daylight savings.

Jeff programed start finish and three additional points. 

I put the timer in the position that my XT timer was on my triple clamp between my left fork and the stem nut.  Really was pretty awesome.  In my morning session, I turned some 1:15's with a top speed of 132MPH, and then it gives my rpm that goes with that.  I didn't have the shift light set up very well, but I could see it blinking away at me.  We got some false RPM numbers occasionally, but we didn't have much time to pursue that.  Dropped my times while keeping my top speed down, actually, in Supertwins. 

I liked it a whole lot.  I think we'll elaborate more later.
Super Dave

Jeff

Yep, definitely will write up a full-page Fred can send it out.  This thing is REALLY cool.  Very easy to setup, etc.

Should have the complete report after Mid Ohio next week.  I'll start working on it in the meantime.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

resurection

How do they mount ?Is a mount provided?

Super Dave

I have velcro on my triple clamp for my XT timer, and that same velcro was more than enough for this timer.  It isn't very big. 
Super Dave

resurection

You missed my point on this commercial section of the classifieds.LOL

Super Dave

:biggrin:

I'm not the one selling, but I did get to test one.  If that helps...
Super Dave

Burt Munro

Quote from: resurrection on July 30, 2007, 05:33:50 PM
How do they mount ?Is a mount provided?

Wow!  This looks really cool.

Wonder if there is anyone around (hint, hint) who could make custom mounts for this unit???  Anyone???  :spank:  

I'm sure there must be someone around who could custom make mounts!!!!    Any ideas??? :biggrin:

(sorry for Dave's response  - with some people you just have to explain everything to them!)  :thumb:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Super Dave

I could design a piece of velcro and duct tape for around $88?   :biggrin:
Super Dave

Jeff

Here's the full product review.  The short of it is that this thing is VERY cool...

http://www.cbr600rr.com/pages/reviews/starlane.php
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

So, I used my regular lap timer at Road Atlanta. 

And I guess who ever had a beacon out most of the week must have left on Saturday because there was no way to pick up times on Sunday.

Irritating when the tools don't work that you'd like to use.  No beacon necessary is really nice on the GPS timer.
Super Dave

Jeff

but on the bright side you set multiple lap records on each lap didn't you!? :lmao:
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest