News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

How serious are you about your weight for racing?

Started by ecumike, February 12, 2003, 07:37:58 PM

ecumike

Yea Dave, I hear ya... I can't seem to get more than 4-5 hours sleep on the fri. or sat. nite of a race weekend... too nervous & excited.

LSTD

QuoteYou really need to read Atkins...

I have a friend who did the Atkins Diet and it worked wonders and he lost 25 lbs., eats a ton and keeps it off.  From what I know, the diet is VERY strict, and the first 3 weeks is the hardest part.

pmoravek

Sleep?
I wish....I've got a five year old and two year old.
Try sleeping when a forty pound ball of energy decides to strees test your groin with a boney elbow at 3:30am every week night, and twice on weekends!

Hey Mike,
I didn't know you were an ex-footballer. I usually tune in to the English Premier League on Fox Sports World at some point during the race weekend. You oughtta come over to my pit and watch a match or two.

Super Dave

QuoteI have a friend who did the Atkins Diet and it worked wonders and he lost 25 lbs., eats a ton and keeps it off.  From what I know, the diet is VERY strict, and the first 3 weeks is the hardest part.

Ok, this is part of my life philosophy...

Everyone comments off handedly.  The diet is VERY strick, but that's only from what you know...LOL!  And the first three weeks are the hardest.

Ok, now have you ever had to loose weight!  That's hard.  Atkins is easy, when you understand it, because you're not hungry.  Being hungry, now that's hard when trying to loose weight.:-/

Again, read the book if you're curious.  But I do mean the whole thing, not just parts of it.
Super Dave

ecumike

QuoteSleep?
....I usually tune in to the English Premier League on Fox Sports World at some point during the race weekend. You oughtta come over to my pit and watch a match or two.

Dude, I didn't know you brought a TV to the track?... whatch got, DirectTV or something on there also?

Yea, you DO bring alot don't ya :)

BTW... I'm going with a 5x10.

skydiver19

Hey Moravek-- I let you sponge off of me for an entire season and now all of a sudden it's "your pit!?!"  A guy gives you some nice props in Roadracing World and all of a sudden he plays "Pit Commander!!"    ;D    Fu#@ing Novice!!! :P

pmoravek

Shannon...I bring the dish, the microwave, the cool rubber matting, I do my share.
Now I just need to teach you how to pick a sight that isn't facing directly into the sun, isn't in the middle of a 3ft creek if it rains, etc!!! ;D ;D ;D
On a serious note...I guess I do have to give props to Santoni, he did introduce me to the world of RoadRacing.
(I still think running #99 is blasphemous for a hockey fan.)

Hey Mike...we have the DirecTV running all weekend.
You and the wife are welcome to come and hang out.
We'd love to have you in OUR pit.

Eddie#200

Ok, So far I've noticed that everyone is taller than me.  I'm 5'6" and I currently weigh 154 lbs.  At the end of the race season last year I weighed 150 and change.  I feel so fat now that I put on the damn 4 lbs.  

I noticed there were a few folks at the banquet that were slimmer than last season.  I saw a few that put on a lot of weight.  Shame on you...

I try to stay very active during the winter months...in the past I would downhill ski and roller blade (here in MN we have an indoor track for roller skates).  Since my ski injury, I can't do the extreme winter sports that I used to do.  I am doing weight training and diet to stay on track for this season.  I notice that when I get below 150lbs. my strength suffers a little.

Dave, I like the way you refer to the caveman... really humans haven't changed all that much.  The study made on why Native Americans can easily become obease is very interesting.  It boils down to how diffrent races metabolize food.  My whole family has a hard time staying slim, but they are carbo hogs. ;)

R6Chris760

The best diet at the track is a cold Miller Lite!!!  There's nothing better than hanging out with your racing buddies on the weekends having a few cold ones.

chris_chops

QuoteThe best diet at the track is a cold Miller Lite!!!  There's nothing better than hanging out with your racing buddies on the weekends having a few cold ones.
After racing, right? :o

R6Chris760

unforgivenracing

Would that be for breakfast, Which would give you a good hour to drain it out before practice ;D  Every once counts ::)  Don't forget the Shot before Lunch :-X
QuoteAfter racing, right? :o
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn