NESBA trackday riders place well at CCS / ASRA Road America Races

Started by G 97, July 16, 2007, 04:17:27 PM

Speedballer347

Quote from: red900 on August 22, 2007, 05:41:04 PM
That is funny, I found more af a challenge to go "fast" before I came to racing...  Now that I race, all I have to do is get in front.  Neither tell me how fast I am. 

You are dicing with front-pack experts.  You are expert level.....meaning you should have a white plate on your bike.
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

red900

I will next year, but for this year I am an amateur....   
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

tstruyk

oh geeze I cant resist...

Ok DB... just because I'm curious.  What is the motivation for you to stay an AM?  Is it the awards, the contingency (well thats a given)?  What is the motivation.  I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone that would say someone of your ability is "benefiting" from running away with AM races.  Wouldnt you find more speed or be forced to step up your game moreso as an Ex?  What do you have to gain from staying an Am?

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Speedballer347

I am gonna re-assess my stance on rr900 and the whole issue.

Amateur?  I dunno....yeah, kinda sorta.  Years of trackdays takes the shine off of his finishes for me, but he is am and has every right to be there.
Lap times, I dunno...I know me and a bunch of other am's got into the nines at gateway (I think Pruitt and Drew Nash even got into the high 8's in amateur in 03) on our old 600's...so we would be as much sandbaggers.

I dunno.  I just think years of TD's and entering AM at Expert-level lap-times isn't what the amateur ranks is truly meant for.
Regardless, he is superfast rider.  I will have all respect and big accolades for him when he has a white plate and winning.  I expect he will win a bunch of races.
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

r1owner

tstruyk

no its just like the Dem's... he has a "plan"  :lmao:

speedy...Call me when you get a sec.

timmay
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Burt Munro

Quote from: red900 on August 28, 2007, 10:15:04 PM
I will next year, but for this year I am an amateur....  

Trust me... from what I saw at Blackhawk in July,  he still has a lot of amateur in him! :lmao:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

wolf44

Quote from: Burt Munro on August 29, 2007, 06:08:00 PM

Trust me... from what I saw at Blackhawk in July,  he still has a lot of amateur in him! :lmao:
Did it look anything like the first one in this clip?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPVRXM8RIRM
LOL...just bustin your balls a bit Dustin
Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

gkotlin

Quote from: Ashton on August 22, 2007, 11:19:24 AM
thanks for proving my point exactly :)

Red900, he obviously doesn't get it.
Some people just don't like having to prove themselves.  It keeps people honest.
Greg K.
CCS MW Expert # 12
2000 SV 650 - 1989 FZR 400
Vinylsaurusrex.com - Cyclepath Racing - Safety First Racing - STT

DavidV

Quote from: gkotlin on August 30, 2007, 10:20:54 PM
Red900, he obviously doesn't get it.
Some people just don't like having to prove themselves.  It keeps people honest.

Why would a racer care about proving themselves at a trackday?

You nesba boys take yourselves way too seriously.   Sit back and relax, you'll live longer

red900

I have chosen to remain an amateur for a couple reasons.  There is no factory contingency for AM racing so that has nothing to do with it.  I came into this season with a goal of staying alive and having fun.  I actually skipped my 2 very first races because I was scared to race in the rain.  This was Friday at HPT for those of you that remember.  So If my goal was to win a championship, I would have raced.  But I did get to run 4 races that weekend and I found out I did well and oh what a rush.  I thought maybe that was just pure luck of the draw and the future rounds would bring out the competition.  By about the third round the realization of an amateur championship became a real possibility, The other option was to request expert status based on my finishes and points.   Realistically, I am a low budget racer, with horrible form, and nothing but my ability to feel the bike and hang on well.  I am not some natural talent, I have to work hard for all of it.  This includes the funding to run a full season.  Now, a full season at amateur level vs a full season at expert level are totally different from a money perspective.  Unless you are extremely talented, you need a lot of money to compete for a championship with the experts.  You need motors, spares, tires, and time.  I could really only afford time considering I was unemployed from December until June this season...  No money – do what you can.  I can win an AM championship, or I can try to finish top 5 with the experts and live in constant frustration as to what I need to win...   I only had one year to win an AM championship and I was unemployed.  I made my choice.  I will spend less money and go for a full season as an amateur.  Next year boys, I can't afford to run a full season with intentions to win, it will just plain be out of my budget..... 

Like it or not, I have met the rules and I am not cheating.  Maybe I am faster, maybe I am not.  But what is the real point of this game?
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

red900

Quote from: Burt Munro on August 29, 2007, 06:08:00 PM

remind me to kick your shins next time we meet.....  I just cant hide from the peanut gallery.
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier