News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Iowa track unsafe?

Started by Sig, July 14, 2007, 01:51:11 PM

Super Dave

It does appear to be 1995 that the AMA event happened according to the AMA Media guide.  Duhamel won Superbike, Filice in 250, Randy Renfrow in 125, Duhamel again in 600SS, Fred Merkel in 750 SS, Aaron Yates in H-D race, and Dutchman Racing in Superteams.

I can't find a track distance or a lap time.
Super Dave

Noidly1

I looked on Gateways website and hit the Track tab then down to track history button.
http://www.gatewayraceway.com/
http://www.gatewayraceway.com/track/history.php

What B.S.     NO HISTORY... That SUCKS...

I will be there tommorrow for the nhra divisional w/ top alki's and see if I can get any info.
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

r1owner

Found this....

http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/IL/Gateway.html#HistoricalNote

Say's this was the config in 95.

Then in 96 this was the temporary config.

Super Dave

That '96 config is just a modified section of the original course.

Where's Sean Clark?  He'll know when they ran that course.  I don't think they did it for very long before they moved out of Gateway for their races.
Super Dave

Noidly1

God, does that bring back memories...

If I recall correctly, the current pit lane is the old strip.

How did you find this?
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Noidly1

Hey super;

Remember the bar "Stages" behind the track?
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Super Dave

Quote from: Noidly1 on July 15, 2007, 02:29:56 AM
God, does that bring back memories...

If I recall correctly, the current pit lane is the old strip.
I thought that the current T4/T3 was kind of like the old T3, even with the slight elevation change.  I have been told that nothing is left.  It was all leveled and redone.  If anything is similar, it's by coincidence.
Super Dave

Noidly1

Hey, R1;

How did you find that NA-motorsports site?

It ROCKS...

I found an old track I only heard stories about, Mid.America.Raceway
http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/MO/MidAmerica.html

Cool....
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Noidly1

Quote from: Super Dave on July 15, 2007, 02:41:26 AM
I thought that the current T4/T3 was kind of like the old T3, even with the slight elevation change.  I have been told that nothing is left.  It was all leveled and redone.  If anything is similar, it's by coincidence.

Yah, all gone,

You had to watch out on T3 in the wet... Going in n up left and over right was quite fun,
I remember coming out Hydroplaneing both wheels at the same time coming out n drifting over to the edge.
I froze... didn't let off or add. Just rode it out. The hairs on the back of my neck were stuck in my coller...

I got the corners messed up on my previouse post but still had it down...:)
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

r1owner

Quote from: Noidly1 on July 15, 2007, 02:52:43 AM
Hey, R1;

How did you find that NA-motorsports site?

It ROCKS...

I think I typed in gateway +old in google.

Yeah, I know the old staging area for the 1/4 mile there was part of the old road course.  Looks like it was a kick ass track!  Lots of elevation changes.

Noidly1

Yep...

Goin to bed.
Will post ya tommorrow after the drags. see what I can find out from the track officials then.
later...
noid.
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Super Dave

Quote from: r1owner on July 15, 2007, 03:04:24 AM
Looks like it was a kick ass track!  Lots of elevation changes.
Was neat, but dangerous.  I have videos someplace.  Steel barriers in a lot of places.  Last corners were kind of like a hall way, and we raced without thinking a lot about it.  then it got lined with tons of hay bales.  That made a mess when someone hit or even just tagged a portion of it.  Leaves you with bales in front of you trying to figure out what to do.  That got replaced with garbage cans, which blew around.  Blocks were put in them to keep them in place, which had some painful results.  Finally that was replaced with the cans with one gallon containers of water.  On the last lap of a race coming out of the last corner, I touched my rear brake lever against a can, and I went down.  I took out four to eight cans, and the water from the gallon containers rained down all over.  I still hit the steel barriers, but it was just a glancing blow. 

Not much elevation change.  A little.  More than Blackhawk, a lot less than Heartland Park Topeka.
Super Dave