Motorcycle Xcitement July 27 on Shenandoah

Started by Roger_Lyle, July 13, 2007, 12:41:38 AM

Roger_Lyle

Remember that our next track day is Friday, July 27, before the CCS weekend
on the exciting, new Shenandoah Circuit at Summit Point.
18 turns and a banked karussell with smooth new pavement
in 1.6 miles of track. Everyone said how much fun this course was
(with the karussell), so you gotta come out and bring your friends !

Breaking News !!
Roger Lyle's Motorcycle Xcitement Track Days announces a new date
on the legendary Summit Point Main Circuit with Al Wilcox:

Thursday, August 2
Reserve your spot now for the most fun and quality track time.

This day at the track beats any day at work !

Email rogerlyle@erols.com or call 301-933-2599
for registration and more information.

Ride Fast. Ride Safe. With Us.

plantfall

Roger, is there a gate fee and if so will it apply to the CCS race weekend? BTW - what is the cost for the track day? Do you know if we can leave our trailers?
Tony

Roger_Lyle

The Shenendoah Motorcycle Xcitement Track Day is $150. The date is Friday July 27,
No gate fee for our day, but you can buy your weekend pass for CCS that day.
Everyone is welcome. We will ride the banked Karussell. That is a hoot!

Roger Lyle

bambam

what are the possibilities of riding the ccs layout for at least part of the day? since some of us have never been there it would be nice to at least see the layout before the morning of. 

RC423

I'm sure more people would rather run the CCS layout for practice - afterall, it is the day before the races...Just my $.02
aka Ross aka "Pete"

proechel539

1 more vote for the CCS layout. Only makes sense the day before the races! :biggrin:
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

Hollywood

another vote here for running the same track configuration as the CCS day, as my GUESS is that there won't be a whole lot of other riders there just for the TRACKDAY. Especially as most trackdays preceding race days tend to be filled up with racers trying to get a lay of the land. Boy, it sure would incline me to do another Roger Lyle day in the future if they would take that into account.

disclaimer: then again, what do I know?  8)
ASRA/CCS EX#20  
www.rpmmotorsportsracing.com

racer911

spoke to roger today about it.  he says it's the same layout but without the chicane in the middle of the back straight.  i've never been there so i don't know what that means, but it sounds close enough, so i'm there.  can't let the likes of hollywood figure that track out before i do.
Bobby
#910 EX

bambam

Quote from: racer911 on July 19, 2007, 09:39:47 PM
  i'm there.  can't let the likes of hollywood figure that track out before i do.

arrrrr bobby kim !!!!!

just remember bobby that Shenandoah is a special track it chews up your tires like none you have ever seen. you will need to run something like 55 or 60 psi in those pirelli's. that and strap your bike to the van for extra braking on those super fast straights.

racer911

greg?  arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

i want you to know that i reallly appreciate the advice.  i'm touched to see that you really care. :ass: :thumb:
Bobby
#910 EX

Roger_Lyle

We will be running the CCS configuration w/o the chicane on the back straight before the finish line. Race direction will be clockwise. All CCS racers and sportbike riders are welcome. This is for you and your friends to tune up before the races. Control riders will be on track to show you the fast way around. They are also available for consultation.:thumb:Since our days are all about fun, we will let you experience the banked karussell.  It is exciting and you will be talking about this for a while.

Gates open at 7:30 and you can sign up that day at the track. Only $150 for the day!

Hollywood

Quote from: racer911 on July 20, 2007, 08:37:54 AM
greg?  arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

i want you to know that i reallly appreciate the advice.  i'm touched to see that you really care. :ass: :thumb:

Bobby, I checked with the guys at Pirelli for you. Bam was a little off; you'll need less than 15 psi to handle the high speed turns and the banked carousel. I will probably run a little less in my Bridgestones as well. I know it'll take a couple of 140+ mph passes on the front straight to get things up to temp, so we'll both be fine.

See you Fri morning.

Aaaaarrrgh! Bobby Kim!(fist in the air)
ASRA/CCS EX#20  
www.rpmmotorsportsracing.com