News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Representation of Riders

Started by unforgivenracing, February 12, 2003, 12:50:05 PM

unforgivenracing

I think that we need someone to play middle man in each area/region. ;D
Someone that we can give our ideas too, so that that person or person's can present them to the CCS office in a orderly manner.  :o Rather then just sending them random complaint, ect; that does'nt seem to get anyplace.  ;) What are your thoughts?
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn

Dawn

I believe that Weggie_Man had the best idea:

Quotethere is a group that is a go between from racer to CCS. They are the regional race director and staff. They should be getting information, complaints or compliments to CCS and solving your problems during the year. Nobody should have to go beyond them to get things handled. I doubt seriously that CCS would recognize an outside group of racers.  

Dawn

unforgivenracing

QuoteI believe that Weggie_Man had the best idea:

Dawn
Yes, But I Believe the issue in that pond is "should be".  If this is the middle of the road, does it seem to be working for the masses?  I for one don't know how to get ahold of one of them for any question, or concern I may have with any more ease.  So, with how it works now, I can yell out my front door at the Dog and get the same amount accomplished, which is no better then calling the answering machine at CCS ( or talking to a dial tone for that matter. >:(  To say one good thing is to say the name Kevin.  If it was'nt for him ;D Nobody would change the tape in the answering machine. ;)
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,

Dawn

The race director for the Midwest is Bill Fehrman, and in my opinion he is a stand up guy.  Our first race date in the midwest is the first weekend April.  We could approach him with the subject and see how he feels.

Dawn  :)

unforgivenracing

Yes, I Know bill :-X
  I have nothing bad to say to or about him that he might find out about came from me ;D  I dont have a E-mail address in my files for him as a contact:(  He is a stand up guy, and watches what goes on in the pits and on the track very well.  ( like the time those stunt riders burned up all the tires from the tirewall at the oak tree(turn Five), and broke glass all over the infield.) >:(  I am sure he had alot to do with the new track surface at BlackHawk even, 8) But then again, Everyone voiced a need for attenction on that subject, and that is a subject to bring up at a different posting.  Besides, have you ever seen bill have time to talk.

Dawn

Alright then...

At one of the race dates, lets approach him and see how he feels about this new role.  He already is recognized by CCS and I am sure has access to telephone numbers that we don't.  If we can channel requests or concerns through him, this would be the way to go.

If Bill or Phil (referee) do not want to participate, we can look farther.

Dawn   :)

P.S.  What's your number?  I'm and trying to think of all the RC51's in the MW and I am having trouble placing you.   ;)

Dawn

Quotesend me a E-mail to the address below and I will tell you, and send you pics.

<AOL voice> You have mail.

Baltobuell

Dawn, At the track is probably the wrong time to approach an official. I only manage 4 guys with trucks and it drives me nuts. Those guys are trying to manage 300 adrenalin filled, been off all winter, just got out of the cage, speed junkies and I think their hands are full. I really think I'd try to catch them in the office.

unforgivenracing

Ah hah!  The people, now we are getting someplace. 8)

Dawn

QuoteDawn, At the track is probably the wrong time to approach an official. I only manage 4 guys with trucks and it drives me nuts. Those guys are trying to manage 300 adrenalin filled, been off all winter, just got out of the cage, speed junkies and I think their hands are full. I really think I'd try to catch them in the office.

Baltobuell:

You have a very good point.  However I still think it could work, it is just the timing of the request.  You don't approach them in the middle of practice, racing, or the riders meeting.  But, a person could request to eat lunch with them, or after the races are over have them come for a beer.  

I must admit, since I don't race, I have more time to speak with them.

unforgivenracing

Hey, there's an idea. ::)  Kinda like the PTA. ;)  We can call it the RWA "Racers Wives Association. :D  A few hours with mine, they'll quit. ;Dand then what will we do? :o

GSXR RACER MIKE

Why not get info on how to contact Bill from CCS? I would imagine you would have alot better luck if you contacted him before racing starts and probe his brain before all the madness of the 1st race weekend for us Midwesterners.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

unforgivenracing

Quote    Why not get info on how to contact Bill from CCS? I would imagine you would have alot better luck if you contacted him before racing starts and probe his brain before all the madness of the 1st race weekend for us Midwesterners.
UAH,  ::)was that the phone ringing dear? >:(

GSXR RACER MIKE

I personally have never had a bad experience when calling CCS on the phone, and they have always answered my questions immediately if possible or called me back. They were very helpful when I was trying to get a hold of another racer and didn't have a way to contact him. They got me the info I needed right away.
     I will agree that E-mail is a different story though. I have never gotten a response from them thru e-mail before.
     Writing to them has worked for me also. Several years ago I wrote a letter to CCS complaining of a number plate rule that was going into affect. This rule was going to force all of us to mount a flat number plate to the sides of our bikes if our tail sections were not flat. They said that the corner workers were having trouble reading SOME of the plates during races. I argued that a small number of racers were ruining it for everyone and that the number plates would also provide an unprofessional look to our bikes. I suggested that the corner workers should identify individual bikes that were hard to read and have tech tell the offender that they could complete the event, but would have to fix the problem before racing another event.
     I don't know if other people also contacted CCS about this, but a few weeks later all CCS racers recieved a notice of this change to identify individual bikes instead of penalizing all the racers (my notice also had my original letter included and some of my statements were used word for word on the CCS notice).
     These are my personal experiences so far and may not be like yours in dealing with CCS.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Dawn

Quote    Why not get info on how to contact Bill from CCS? I would imagine you would have alot better luck if you contacted him before racing starts and probe his brain before all the madness of the 1st race weekend for us Midwesterners.

Good idea.  I do know how to contact Bill already, but I would like to talk to some of my mentors before I contact him.  Give me a few days to work on this.

Super Dave

There are a good number that have problems contacting CCS.  This board has been good for trying to get information from the racer for racers.  

CCE has left CCS understaffed, period.  What they have three people working in Texas for an organization that is nation wide?

The trick is that only some are let in on the processes that be.  The rest are left out to weather what ever problems arise from those ideas.  Some are good, some are just wrong...the fuel rules will always be my immediate example.
Super Dave

spyderchick

I wrote to Mr. Elloit on this very subject on Tuesday. Bill Ferman (sic?) is a fair guy, but it is not in his current job description to handle issues in this manor. If we have questions he cannot answer, he has repeated instructed us in riders meetings to contact the main office in Ft. Worth by e-mail or phone.

I made the suggestion that we have either a staff member from each region, or a racer representative to handle some of the load. His reply was brief and I have no idea as to his thoughts on this subject.

Personally, I'd like to see CCS deal with all outstanding issues before the race season goes too much further. This is an important issue that could potentially solve some problems. With the past in it's place, we can all enjoy the 2003 race season.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

unforgivenracing

Would you then agree that a Rep. is needed for each reagion to present issues to the Staffers in Ft Worth TX.  :o It sounds like perhaps a YES ;D

chris_chops

You said his reply was breif, what did he say about representation of riders?

spyderchick

He indicated that he took in all the points I wrote about. He did not agree nor did he disagree with what I wrote. He had no comment on any particular point. Personally, I hope he thinks very carefully about what I had to say, which dealt mostly with communications issues.

I will add that I wrote him a very detailed letter, and I tried to keep emotion out of it. I added some thoughts about improving communication between CCS and racers. Will there be any change? Let's hope for the best.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

chris_chops

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteI will add that I wrote him a very detailed letter, and I tried to keep emotion out of it.

Lex, you're such a sweetie, but I wouldn't want to mess with you when you're angry...  I'd probably go off and look for a grizzly bear cub to steal instead! ;)
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

spyderchick

Chris. you are right on the mark. ;D But I haven't been really angry for a very long time. It's a waste of energy. Just don't mees with people I love, I might have to show my claws.    :o
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org