News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Things starting to come together now what classes?

Started by lbk, February 12, 2003, 10:23:15 AM

lbk

Ok, so I've got my list of things that need to be done to my bike. Some are done, others will be shortly.

Going to my race license school at the end of March. Found the 03' Schedule, now what I need is some help figuring out these race classes again. I know I might have talked to some of you before about it, but since I'm actually putting my schedule together I need to refresh those in my mind.

Here's the deal this is obviously my first year racing, I have a 97' GSXR-750 only modifications are replacement front brake pads, Yosh full system, and a jet kit. So given that, what classes would I be able to run in? I know it's in the rulebook, but it is a bit confusing, and I figure some of you guys and gals can probably answer right off the bat. I'm not just being lazy, really  ;)

sdiver68

MCRA Race School Instructor

Super Dave

And any further modifications...

You've got to look at the suspension.  You won't know it, but it is hard to ride in stock trim.  Set up, set up, set up.
Super Dave

KBOlsen

End of March??? I thought you were coming to VRS? ???
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Super Dave

Super Dave

lbk

I was going to but the dates, just didn't line up. I was looking to get my licesnse as soon as I could, not to mention on a bike any way shape or form I can. Which is why this worked out. I just wanted to have my license ASAP for scheduling purposes. That way I would be in a position of wanting to race but not having my license.

As it stands right now I have it planned to race at Blackhawk April 5th or 6th. If I'm reading their schedule correctly.  ;D

I still plan on doing a race school to learn how to ride, this one is just to get my license. Not sure when I'm in the process now of putting together a schedule and it's filling up quick.  ;D

Super Dave

No problem.  You can get a license through my school too.  I'm here to help.  I think my students sell it better than I do.  Actually, I know they do.
Super Dave

sdiver68

S_D

I'm coming to your school in April, every time I go to your website there is nothing but that print and send in form unless I'm missing it...who has stamps these days?

Is there a way I can sign up w/o having to find a stamp???

Super Dave

Super Dave

sdiver68

I'm trying, it doesn't pick up, I left it on redial, hopefully you'll get it ???

I hate 1985! LOL  ;)

KBOlsen

LBK... you can come to VRS on Thursday 4/3 and race 4/5 and 6...  and I'll be making a big thing of homemade soup for Thursday night!

My turn to ask a question:  If LBK does the VRS school, would he be able to participate in the Friday practice the following day?  Would anybody from CCS be there in the morning to sell him his license?

Super Dave

As I have been told, if everything goes ok, and I issue a certificate, you should be able to get your license and practice on Friday, which is only open to licensed racers.  And then, of course, race Sat & Sun.
Super Dave

Dawn

QuoteI'm trying, it doesn't pick up, I left it on redial, hopefully you'll get it ???

I hate 1985! LOL  ;)

Diver:

What's wrong with 1985?

Dawn   ???

Super Dave

QuoteI'm trying, it doesn't pick up, I left it on redial, hopefully you'll get it ???

I hate 1985! LOL  ;)

Didn't come through...  Got two others though.

I won't be at home tomorrow, so it should go through...

And what's with 1985?  I agree?
Super Dave

sdiver68

Yeah, the fax machine tried 3 times and 3 fails...try again Monday.

1985...the year when faxes were in vogue.  Fast forward to 2003 and web forms are used ;)

BTW, I remember 1985 quite well myself so lets not have any picking on the old people comments :)

EX#996

QuoteYeah, the fax machine tried 3 times and 3 fails...try again Monday.

1985...the year when faxes were in vogue.  Fast forward to 2003 and web forms are used ;)

BTW, I remember 1985 quite well myself so lets not have any picking on the old people comments :)

Diver:

Some older fax machines will not communicate with others.  The language by which they communicated was not always the same (I used to have trouble sending faxes to from a machine maufactured by Sharp to a machine maufactured by Brother).  

Perhaps you could e-mail your information to Dave - or, you may just need to break down and purchase a $0.37 stamp.   ;)

Dawn   :)

Paul and Dawn Buxton

lbk

QuoteLBK... you can come to VRS on Thursday 4/3 and race 4/5 and 6...  and I'll be making a big thing of homemade soup for Thursday night!

My turn to ask a question:  If LBK does the VRS school, would he be able to participate in the Friday practice the following day?  Would anybody from CCS be there in the morning to sell him his license?

Kin, there is actually a double-reason for going to the one in Savannah. One is obviously to get on a bike ASAP since my season ended so early. The second is that I actually want to check out Savannah. Did you ever see the movie "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil"? After seeing that movie I gotta go check out the freaks down there. Plus see where the movie was filmed. My wife and I are leaving Thursday night so we can make it down there have time to check it out, ride the school on Saturday and then drive back Monday. It's going to be a cool trip. :D

I may still take the Visionsport school later in the season, this one is for nothing more than to get me my license, I will still need plenty of instruction after that, it will just depend on the schedule. It's already getting chucked full of stuff. And I need to get as much in as possible before my work situation changes and I can't afford to ride. LOL

Super Dave

Yeah, Savannah.  I've raced at Roebling.  Pretty neat.  Not particularly technical.  Pretty fast.

The town is really, really cool.  I mean, really, REALLY cool.  There was a Mexican food place there, it's gone now, I believe, but we'd eat there every night.  There's a neat little place right along where the ships leave for the ocean.  Lots of liitle shops and taverns.  Good food, service was always really good.
Super Dave

lil_thorny

lbk,
when you take the school..hopefully on thurs b-4
yer 1st race weekend you will need to contact event master promptly friday a.m. you can get the license
app. from them... you cannot fax to ccs in Tx. must
be original copy. you may not make ist practice but
any practice is good practice. also, I highly recommend that you do take the Visionsports riding
school with "super" Dave Rosno. Nothing prepares
you better than seat time and advise from experienced riders like Dave and his staff ( tho his
staff is short i hear) ;D remember go at your own pace and do lots of push-ups to prepare your upper body. after my very 1st 3 laps at bhf, i was spent
and had to ride-off into the grass. anyway, welcome
aboard and good luck!!!!
lil_thorny.

lil_thorny

gee dave looks like i did it again, another shameless
plug for the BEST riders school on the planet. just remember to keep me in "tow" at the 1st bhf.
later,
lil thorny aka "Afromaniac" <----ref. to my hair!

MightyDuc Racing

What's wrong with the grass?  I was in it 4 times at Homestead, including in turn one of my first race (thanks to an exhaust hitting me in the elbow...lol).  My advice is to get some dirt track experience...seemed to help me cuz 4 grass runs and 1 gravel run = zero crashes.  Good luck!

;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Nate R

BTW, I was BORN in 1985. Hmm, Geez! You Guys are old!  ;D ;D :P

J/K!
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Dawn

QuoteBTW, I was BORN in 1985. Hmm, Geez! You Guys are old!  ;D ;D :P

J/K!

You better watch it you little whipper snapper!!!!!

I'm old enough (ohhh myyy!!!!   :o  :o) to be your mother.

Dawn  ;)

P.S. 1985 is the year I graduated

KBOlsen

Buncha youngsters running around here!  You too, Dawn and SD!  ;)