News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Things starting to come together now what classes?

Started by lbk, February 12, 2003, 10:23:15 AM

lbk

Ok, so I've got my list of things that need to be done to my bike. Some are done, others will be shortly.

Going to my race license school at the end of March. Found the 03' Schedule, now what I need is some help figuring out these race classes again. I know I might have talked to some of you before about it, but since I'm actually putting my schedule together I need to refresh those in my mind.

Here's the deal this is obviously my first year racing, I have a 97' GSXR-750 only modifications are replacement front brake pads, Yosh full system, and a jet kit. So given that, what classes would I be able to run in? I know it's in the rulebook, but it is a bit confusing, and I figure some of you guys and gals can probably answer right off the bat. I'm not just being lazy, really  ;)

sdiver68

MCRA Race School Instructor

Super Dave

And any further modifications...

You've got to look at the suspension.  You won't know it, but it is hard to ride in stock trim.  Set up, set up, set up.
Super Dave

KBOlsen

End of March??? I thought you were coming to VRS? ???
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Super Dave

Super Dave

lbk

I was going to but the dates, just didn't line up. I was looking to get my licesnse as soon as I could, not to mention on a bike any way shape or form I can. Which is why this worked out. I just wanted to have my license ASAP for scheduling purposes. That way I would be in a position of wanting to race but not having my license.

As it stands right now I have it planned to race at Blackhawk April 5th or 6th. If I'm reading their schedule correctly.  ;D

I still plan on doing a race school to learn how to ride, this one is just to get my license. Not sure when I'm in the process now of putting together a schedule and it's filling up quick.  ;D

Super Dave

No problem.  You can get a license through my school too.  I'm here to help.  I think my students sell it better than I do.  Actually, I know they do.
Super Dave

sdiver68

S_D

I'm coming to your school in April, every time I go to your website there is nothing but that print and send in form unless I'm missing it...who has stamps these days?

Is there a way I can sign up w/o having to find a stamp???

Super Dave

Super Dave

sdiver68

I'm trying, it doesn't pick up, I left it on redial, hopefully you'll get it ???

I hate 1985! LOL  ;)

KBOlsen

LBK... you can come to VRS on Thursday 4/3 and race 4/5 and 6...  and I'll be making a big thing of homemade soup for Thursday night!

My turn to ask a question:  If LBK does the VRS school, would he be able to participate in the Friday practice the following day?  Would anybody from CCS be there in the morning to sell him his license?

CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Super Dave

As I have been told, if everything goes ok, and I issue a certificate, you should be able to get your license and practice on Friday, which is only open to licensed racers.  And then, of course, race Sat & Sun.
Super Dave