News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Worst crash I've seen...

Started by tshort, July 09, 2007, 11:18:14 AM

Burt Munro

Quote from: Cyklracer on July 13, 2007, 04:07:51 PM
  This is why I really think CCS should adopt more stringent safety wiring rules a la CRA, WERA, others...and require caliper bolts and axle pinch bolts be safety wired.  Granted, you're not going to tech your bike after a tire change, but having to safety wire those items adds that extra safety net that's sometimes required to make sure those simple things are done.  

I accept the CCS philosophy on what is required.  Granted, having a more stringient policy on safety wiring may save just 1 persons life and then it's worthwhile.  But there has to be a certain amount of individual responsibility that you wouldn't ride an unsafe bike on the track. 

That bike could have come through Tech with the caliper bolts safety wired (maybe it did for all I know).  1 tire change after Tech inspection and you don't have Big Brother to look over your shoulder to check up on you.

I'm glad the kid came through a horrible situation with relatively minor injuries.  He was very lucky. 

And hopefully everyone reading this will take an extra second to check over their bike one more time before going out on the track.

Now you're back to individual responsibility.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Noidly1

'08 R6, CCSGP44EX