News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Recruiting and Retention

Started by EmerWil, June 26, 2007, 10:26:54 PM

barb_arah

What I've noticed, when I talk to younger people about why I do what I do, and the hours I put in at the track, they think I'm crazy.  It comes down to the almighty dollar, and some people value the money more than simply helping out.  I work for CCS because I enjoy it; it's as simple as that.  AND I've worked corners, as well.  Why does everything have to come with a price tag? 
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

TheHiriser

[quote   Why does everything have to come with a price tag? 
[/quote]

Because these days people are very self serving.  They don't think about others just themselves.

Simon

I was thinking about an ad in one of the bike magazines maybe. I just checked Sport Riders rates and it's $3700 for a 1/3 page ad!! Motorcyclist was so much money it made my eye's water!
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

TheHiriser

That is pretty freaking insane.  Maybe a letter to them would bring that rate down.  Post up in the racing mags though, Road Racer X, Roadracing World.  Hell Chris Ulrich posts up on WERA.  Could just PM and ask I suppose.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: barb_arah on July 06, 2007, 10:35:23 PM
I work for CCS because I enjoy it; it's as simple as that.  AND I've worked corners, as well.  Why does everything have to come with a price tag? 

Usually the ones who come out for the money, dont last long anyways. Its nothing you can live off. It pretty much is gas money. Most of us out there enjoy it either way. Since I'm not racing right now, it keeps me at least involved or else I may end up going insane.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

TheHiriser

I can't afford to race either.  Hopefully someday I'll be able to put something together.  :whine:  But until then the next best thing for me to do is study and learn the track I intend to try to race on inside and out.  Maybe that was too ambitious but atleast a track I intend on doing a track day at.  While gas money would be nice I'd probably spend just as much running around doing other things on the weekend anyway.  :thumb: