Daytona pit bike question

Started by racer865, February 11, 2003, 06:26:00 PM

racer865

Trying to decide which pit vehicle to take to Daytona.
Does anyone know the speedway regulations on what is allowed and if they have to be registered for street with tags and are golf carts allowed?

Baltobuell

Last year I took bicycles and at the riders meeting they said they weren't allowed. Pit bikes were OK. No street bikes.
 That pit area is a monster without something to cart you around.

fourandsix

The only thing you can use is a scooter or a mule type vehicle , no bicycles,skateboards,or motorized skateboards.

unforgivenracing

Scooter fully working, with alot of baskets and a valid plate would be best ;)
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn

GSXR RACER MIKE

I got busted for riding my mountain bike around the pits at Daytona (I missed that part in the rules). The security guys that stopped me told me that it was because of two reasons. (1) was due to the fact that the people walking around the pits can't hear a bike coming up on them like something motorized and they have actually had people hit by bicyclists because the walker stepped in front of them when the bike was approaching from behind. (2) because of the parents who let their kids run uncontrollably around the pits on foot and on bikes - they actually had some children hit by race vehicles that were going thru the pits and had children on bicycles dart out in front of them without looking.
     I think the child reason is the reason that many tracks are going to the licensed vehicle / licensed driver rule, to try and create a safer environment for the kids so they don't get hit.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

TreyBone

Last year i used my street gsxr1000 (before it was stolen friday night at the holiday inn) I just took the tags off and stuck some duct tape on the headlight with a number on it.