Hotbodies racing bodywork

Started by bikerider30, February 11, 2003, 11:55:03 AM

bikerider30

Has anyone else used the Hotbodies racing bodywork.  I ordered a set because, Roadracing world rated it pretty good, and two it was cheap!  I have to say I am not too thrilled with it.  It is light but they claim that it is really flexible, NOT!  You can barely flex it without it cracking.  And the tail section has molds for tailights ???  Just wanted to know if anyone else likes or dislikes their stuff.  

bikerider30

wish I had seen that before ordering.  Oh well, as usually I get screwed again!  So anyone want to buy a set of Hotbodies Racing bodywork?

Decreasing_Dave

Hey Dusty,

I was gonna call you and ask about that bodywork.  Now I don't have to.  Sorry to hear about it.

Don't you have a stack of bad bodywork??

Later,
Dave

2slo4u

If you are looking for good bodywork that is not expensive, there is a company out of California called TK3 Performace Products that sells bodywork for a low cost.  I used it last year and crashed 5 times.  It is still usable for this year.  It only cost me 450 with shipping.

coyn586

This is exactly why we go with AK..  Rudy trimmed a set of AK GSXR plastics to fit on his EX500..  using tin-snips, the stuff didn't even splinter!

Its flexible beyond belief..  and the new stuff they sell is much different than the stuff that was in RRW.
http://www.akcomposite.com

Decreasing_Dave

I have that bodywork on my R6 (TK3, that is).  I'm a little worried that it will shatter like glass on impact.  I over tightened one of my mounting bolts and it cracked.  Made me wonder.  I haven't crashed it yet, so the jury's still out.

f1fty0n3

2slo4u:  TK3 fell off the face of the earth.  His website is still up but he still has some OEM bodywork that customers loaned him.  I drove back and forth to his shop three or 4 times (2 hour trip) to loan him my bike for fitment, and I'm just glad he didnt decide to pull this while my bike was still there.

I just mounted up a set of Hotbodies racing stuff.  I am pretty much of the same opinion though, doesnt seem very flexible and  I had to grind on the nosepiece to get it to fit.  BTW, I took a grinder to the mock tail lights  ;)  Still though, its cheap enough through Lockhart, and AK doesnt make bodywork for my bike.  His stuff does look good though.

Matt Bullock
Pacific AM #91

Baltobuell

I'm kind of stuck, I've only found air tec to fit a Buell and it's way too expensive. Thinking of trying to adapt SV stuff. If anyone has trashed SV upper I'd like to buy it cheap to try to mold something.

ice

GRN_MACH

You may want to checkout www.oppracing.com I am planning on ordering a full set for my 01 zx6r (fiberglass) $595 shipping included. they are in Canada, but ship out of Wash. so no taxes. they also have rearsets, clip-ons, etc.

vasser67

I use Armor bodies on my R6, Don't waste your money on the rest.  It is more expensive but the quality is better and way more flexible than anything I have ever used.      

http://www.armourbodies.ca