Helmet Safety Systems

Started by Dr. Evil, June 24, 2007, 01:28:07 AM

Dr. Evil

FYI - Moto GP website has a good video about Helmet safety systems.  If you see red pull tabs on the side of the helmet, give them a pull straight down and it will make getting the helmet off a fallen rider easier with less chance of injury to the neck.
:thumb:

Woofentino Pugrossi

I trust this is only directed at MEDICAL PERSONEL and not the cornerworkers. Cornerworkers should NOT be removing helmets.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Dr. Evil

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on June 24, 2007, 09:53:24 PM
I trust this is only directed at MEDICAL PERSONEL and not the cornerworkers. Cornerworkers should NOT be removing helmets.

This is true.  Corner workers are probably more current on protective gear development, but maybe not. 

Jeff

Regardless, it's good information to know.  Fact is, while people SHOULDN'T, sometimes they do run up and rip off a helmet of a fallen rider.  At races, not necessarily but track days, etc, it's quite possible.  At least this is something to store in the memory banks...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Simon

As a corner worker I'm having a hard time coming up with a senario where I would be taking off a fallen riders helmet. I can see where it would be useful for medical personnel though.
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

TheHiriser

I'm with Simon.  One thing they make sure you are well aware of in our cornerworker school is you never remove anything from a fallen rider, espeically the helmet.  If they are unable to remove their own gear there is probably a very good reason for this. 

Hopefully they have this system in good working order, inadvertently getting a pull strap stuck on leathers or other gear and releasing the strap could prove very interesting, a dangling helmet strap is one of a million things we observe when out on the corners.