Does anyone wear Kobe leathers?

Started by tomholiday, June 20, 2007, 08:12:40 AM

tomholiday

I am possibly looking at getting some new leathers and was eyeballin the Kobe's. The only distributor I can find has limited sizes and I wanted to find out if anyone knows if they run small? Also general build quality and experience with them?

thanks.
Tim Haley
EX #211

bambam

marieta motorsports (1888fastlap.com) usually has a pretty good selection in stock. i had a set of the x-pro's when they first came out, they fit really well and were comfortable but cam apart in a fairly minor crash. the seam stitching just didnt hold up too good.

RCR_531

I have not used KOBE leathers before but if you are looking for a good price
lithium Motorsports is sell out some of their overstock MOTO-GP suits. I have crashed several times in one and they have held up. Give them a call at 1-800-894-7190
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

fatboy122

dont have the leathers but DO have the gloves and they are tough as shit fo sho

Sobottka

good advise rodney.... i wouldnt reccomend kobe to any friend of mine. go with the leather though not kangaroo
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

tomholiday

yeah, i got the word from a friend as well that they aren't that great. alexa doesn't seem to fond of them either. what about komodo? there stuff looks pretty solid. anyone have size experience or wear experience with them (specifically the ceno)? i am also looking at the teknic violator suit. from searching through past posts teknic didn't seem to have the greatest reputation in 05, but i think that has changed quite a bit from what alexa has said and from looking at the suit construction.
Tim Haley
EX #211

chaplain220

If yer still looking at suits, I recently purchased an AGV Sp-4.  My previous AGV held up very well for 7 crashes, including a few very long slides.  She finally died at Daytona.  Good protection in the chest, arms, butt, and knees.  I supplement the hips with compression shorts, (saw a bro with a fractured hip at Kershaw, no thank you).  The price was good, but tech questions and support from agv are hit n miss.  Art.

RCR_531

After I went down at Daytona I bought the Alpinestar compression shorts. Nothing broke but a large strawberry on my hip.I also was happy with my AGV so bought another one and it fell apart the first time I went down.

If you find a supplier that will work with you I think that is a big help. If you look long enough there something bad said about ever brand. Lithium helped me find the right size. They sell almost all of the brands and have no problem taking something back if it does not fit. Rob the owner is a racer and has worn almost ever time of suit.
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

tomholiday

Thanks for all the info ya'll. The suit I have now is my starter suit that I bought of a friend for cheap. Its an older AGV model and seems alright, but looks like it could only survive one more crash and I really don't know how old it actually is. From what I've read, everyone does have something good/bad to say about every suit. It seems that custom suits are the shizzle, but I would like to upgrade before RA so that kind of counts that out. I don't wanna spend custom suit money on a non-custom suit so thats how I ended up at the Teknic Violator and Komodo Ceno. The price is right, the features are right, I haven't heard many bad things about them, and its definitely a step above my current suit. I also wear Bohn shorts under my leathers as they provide some pretty good hip, thigh, and butt safety action that some (my) suits don't provide. I'll give Lithium a call tomorrow and see what they have as well as some other places that carry Komodo.

Thanks again.
Tim Haley
EX #211

mq105

Quote from: tomholiday on June 20, 2007, 08:27:47 PM
what about komodo?

I got a Komodo FX suit about a month ago and so far I'm pleased. The suit seems well made, the fit and finish are good (workmanship) and the customer service is very good. The communication, both phone and email, with Wayne there is a big plus. I got a 40US and it fits pretty good. I'm 5'9" and 155lbs. It is not skin tight, but not baggy either. If you're going off the rack I don't think you're going to do any better. Call them up and chat. Here are a couple of pics. I don't have any of just the suit.
http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s122/mq105/JGP%206-10-07/?action=view&current=DSC_6805.jpg
DSC_6805.jpg

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s122/mq105/JGP%206-10-07/?action=view&current=DSC_6973.jpg
DSC_6973.jpg

MQ 
FL  #283

Ducmarc

my old AGV hand me downs worked great (about 7yrs old) don't know about new ones they sent me info on custom set anybody tried those? my alpinestars held up real well till the scissors got them  what's up with the compression shorts since I broke my hip too! we have syed down here but have heard good and bad about them