RESPONSIBILITY

Started by riderupred, June 17, 2007, 09:41:25 PM

EmerWil

I agree with what Kumi says...it's very mentally challenging...you want to do everyting right....I've spent many a sleepless night replaying events in my mind trying to figure out if I could have done things better..

I remember my first few weekends working and I would actually have dreams/nightmares of riders crashing...kinda wierd...

I also found working a turn to be an awesome escape from reality.  Out there I can forget about my problems (bills, work issues, problems at home) and concentrate 100% on the track and on the rider.

TheHiriser

It is an awesome escape out there.

Kuala76

Quote from: EmerWil on June 26, 2007, 06:11:47 PM
I also found working a turn to be an awesome escape from reality.  Out there I can forget about my problems (bills, work issues, problems at home) and concentrate 100% on the track and on the rider.

I think this is one of the BIGGEST benefits I get from working the track!  It's a place to "let go", to forget about what other real life issues there may be, to focus on something I LOVE all day!  Anyone who has seen me at the track will be able to testify to the fact that the level of carefreeness (is that really a word??) and excitement I get at the track is hard to come by...just to turn around on Monday to come to work in my business suit and sit behind a desk...... so  :cheers: to escaping from reality at any given track in your area !!!  :cheers:
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

EmerWil

that's why seeing people in "real clothes" at the banquet has always been kinda shocking..lol

Kuala76

LOL!  Yeah, I think if people didn't hear me coming before they saw me, they wouldn't have recognized me  ::)

~Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

TheHiriser

It's always funny at the banquets to hear the expression "Wow you really do clean up nice."