Florida racers talking smack about Roebling

Started by banzai1, June 12, 2007, 08:27:27 PM

banzai1

I guess since most of the field this weekend were from there, I guess some think that it was a great achievement. If Mr. Younce had shown up, things would have been a liitle different.

Sig

None of the lap times were that great last weekend and were just slightly faster than what was ran last year on the old surface.

3rdshiftgixxer

If Mr.Brown hadn't  taken the rest of the season off, they would be more different . :thumb:

banzai1

3rdshiftgixxer

Quote from: banzai1 on June 13, 2007, 06:41:36 PM
Mr. Brown?

Yes ,Mr.Brown is David Brown EX#101. Resident fast guy.

Mr. Trey Yonce is our homie :cheers:

Blackbeener

I call them like I see them...I didn't fare so well against the rest of the amateurs from other regions, but the FL experts did and you can say what you would like but that's who showed up this past weekend to race. I'm not sure who was doing the "smack talking" but I would hope your not referring to Mike or I. I think you know me well enough by now to know I'm not a "smack talker" type of person, and well Mike that goes without saying. Take care Bob...Mark
R.I.P. RICHARD BRITTON

d-wire

uh, who was talkin smack??  For sure, if Mr Yonce was there .....he would have done well(he always does and is a bad ass)....  BUT, ccs has this silly rule that you have to be at the track to get scored in the races.   :rollseyes: so you cant blame the guys that did race.  Mike smith kicked everyones rear. 

Londono did win 4 and it was his first time there.  Melka won a couple I think. Lap times aren't that fast, but I don't think the new pavement is much faster personally. 

Just wonderin who was runnin there mouth I guess.  Not a smack talker myself
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

hamurobby

Personally, I think the Fla racers did awesome lap times considering all of our tracks run counter clockwise (mostly left turns) and RRR is a fast clockwise track.

As far as lap times go, the surface wasnt that great (dirty) and it was over 95 degrees in the shade both days.

Bob, didnt you win a race at RRR?  :err:

Waldo, the first cat of Jennings gp.. I miss you, rip buddy.

Hollywood

We had a great time, and were shown some awesome hospitality one night by some pilots and their families who were right behind us. Some kind of "Southern Boil" with shrimp, potatoes, all kinds of good stuff. I thought the racing was good, but I've never been there before to experience the track any other way. I did think T5 and T7 got a little greasy at the end of both days, more so on Sun. I guess the 147 degree track temps we were taking had something to do with that!lol Met some good guys that had some positive tips and things to say about my handling of a mw ride, even after I told them I've only been on it twice before. Mike Smith seemed to kill most, but there was a couple of you fast FL boys all over him. Melke seemed to do well, and I got a kick out of all the ducs getting their hustle on.

All in all I think we'll go back next time, but def bring home more of the stuff pledge was made for  :thumb:
ASRA/CCS EX#20  
www.rpmmotorsportsracing.com

banzai1

Quote from: 3rdshiftgixxer on June 13, 2007, 08:59:40 PM
Yes ,Mr.Brown is David Brown EX#101. Resident fast guy.

Mr. Trey Yonce is our homie :cheers:
I like Trey. He's a good dude.

banzai1

Quote from: hamurobby on June 14, 2007, 07:21:16 PM
Bob, didnt you win a race at RRR?  :err:

I'm not sayin' shit!
I was slow. I'm almost embarassed to win going that slow.

d-wire

:biggrin: dang bob, you went from saying guys were running off at the mouth and mocking their acheivements to......"I aint sayin shit"  in less than 5 posts.  :banghead: :biggrin: n

LOL, who doesnt like trey.  That dude can ride.........I look up to him and pick his brain on "go fast" stuff every chance I get.   :thumb:
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2