News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Race Body Work ?'s

Started by GSKirk, June 11, 2007, 09:57:28 PM

GSKirk

Sorry if this has been addressed already, i searched and didn't find anything.

Whats the opinion on Race Body work, i.e. Sharks, Hot Bods, Chetah, Race Tech etc...............

$$ vs. value, easy install, how crash worthy and repairable etc....

thanks in advance!

K

PaulV

Hey Kirk,

May depend on the model of bike you have but the stuff i have on my gix i wouldn't rec. at all.  check your pm.

Paul
Polar-Optics LLc
See Better, Ride Safer!

Jason748

Armour bodies & Sharkskinz... I have used or worked with all the others on you list and these are the only two I would personally recommend.  But I have heard some really good things about Attack Bodywork lately too.

Did you see this: http://www.ccsforum.com/index.php/topic,17399.0.html
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

cbirk

I've used Hotbodies and it took a night and a 12 pack to get it to fit.  I am running GP Composites now and was very happy with the fit and the stuff is really flexible unlike the rigid hotbodies.

Ducmarc

i've crashed and crashed sharkskinz that stuff is great it's light fits good super flexable but a little pricey

imafrogg420

good timing. I am also currently looking for bodywork ahah. I talked to a team mechanic and he said they had to heat up and bend and hassel alot with hot boddies and stuff tends to explode. and he said his sharkskins fit right on. so they were fairly happy with those.
2007 R6!!!!!  BAMF Riders!!!

GSKirk

Paul can't find any PM, send me and Email.

By the by it's an 03' R6

thanks for all the replys!

K

Quote from: PaulV on June 11, 2007, 10:33:18 PM
Hey Kirk,

May depend on the model of bike you have but the stuff i have on my gix i wouldn't rec. at all.  check your pm.

Paul
Polar-Optics LLc

Super Dave

Good info above Kirk.  For crash durability, yeah, Sharkskins.  Armour Bodies, GP Composites good too.

I have several different pieces on my R6.  Some Sharskins and some is some old Goodfather pieces which mounted up to the Sharskins upper off DiSalvo's bike.  That stuff was in expensive and mounted up pretty well.  I don't know if it crashes the greatest, but you haven't been one to fall down all the time.
Super Dave

Ridgeway

I've had GP Composites and now have Sharkskinz.  I've hade the misfortune of crash testing both, and the Sharkskinz seem to hold up a little better.  The skinz fit MUCH better on my SV as well.  I'm pretty sure that the GPComp "SV" stuff was based on a GSXR design as it did not fit well at all.
CCS Midwest EX #18
07 GSX-R600
03 SV650s

Super Dave

Quote from: GSKirk on June 12, 2007, 07:20:54 AM
Paul can't find any PM, send me and Email.

And you've got to have 15 posts to get PM's.  Not my rules.
Super Dave

RCR_531

Lithium just had a large shippment of Armour Bodies come in. They're selling it at a great price and the stuff can take a fall. I feal that Sharkskin has gone down hill a little. The stuff we got last month was not like their old stuff. GP Composites is no longer being made.
:wah:
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

PaulV

Sorry Kirk,

didn't realize the min post rule was in effect for pm's....
also, your email is hidden on your profile, so..
Deni Debhur has some of the BEST body work I've ever seen, comes pre-colored/painted. I think its from Siebemoto, I'll have him post up for ya.
Other than that the Armourbodies and Sharkskins stuff has done very well for us.  I would stay away from at least two others that I have not mentioned here....although out of biz, the ak composites I had for my 05 R6 were very good and crashed reasonably well..:)

Paul
Polar-Optics LLC
MW Ex 79
See Better, Ride Safer!