Corner Wokers? How to get involved.

Started by ssduc750, March 01, 2007, 04:43:22 PM

ssduc750

My Brother In Law is interested in helping out as a corner work at some events at BHF this year. Who does he need to get in touch with? Do you still have to pay to get in for the weekend? Yes, he's a tight wad. Just wondering. Thanks

Court Jester

try wrecking. that gets me involved with them a lot.

honestly, i don't know. i'm just being a smart ass. someone will post up with the info though.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

catman

you get some of the best seats in the house!  :cheers:

Woofentino Pugrossi

Worker meetings are at 7:10am sat and sunday. We usually meet at the pavillion at BHF. 

Stuff to bring.
*Dress for weather. No red or yellow. WHITE is preferred. LONG PANTS are required. Comfortable shoes
*Snacks and beverages. There is water jugs usually at each corner, but sometimes not.
*A scanner is nice to have if you arent on the radio to listen to whats going on.
*GLOVES!! Mechanix's gloves are great and heat resistant.
*Hat
*suncreen and bug spray
*whistle isnt required, but is good to have so we can get other corners attention if one of the radios goes dead (happens)
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

251am

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on March 01, 2007, 08:01:46 PM
*A scanner is nice to have if you arent on the radio to listen to whats going on.

Do you recommend any certain type of a scanner with certain abilities? There's kind of a huge variation of those available...   :whine:

eviled98

I use the Bearcat handheld that sells for about $80. Got mine at Farm and Fleet. Works!

251am

Quote from: eviled98 on April 08, 2007, 01:13:00 PM
I use the Bearcat handheld that sells for about $80. Got mine at Farm and Fleet. Works!

10-4 good buddy!!   :biggrin:

Sooo, there's no need to go super high tech $$$$ to get something that acquires side channels and all that stuff?

eviled98

Nope, it's all pretty low tech. Some noise cancelling headphones are pretty desirable though. I bought a set on E-bay once for $10 or so, but they were junk. I now have a Koss headset that I got for $40 and I like them a lot. Whatever you buy, remember: no red colored stuff. Unless you plan on painting it after you buy it.

eviled98

After a little research, my headphones are Koss qz5 and they are still $40. Whoops! I see my RED ditty bag in my picture ( at least it's behind the guardrail and out of sight ).