News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Re: Homestead Newbie Results

Started by sdiver68, February 10, 2003, 02:45:00 PM

sdiver68

Congrats on a great weekend!   :)

As I recall, you are not a complete newbie having raced before in your past?
MCRA Race School Instructor

tigerblade

QuoteMy last race was a dirt track indoor in 1984 at the age of 9, but I guess that counts as experienced...lol.

*cough*(cherrypicker)*cough*
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

MightyDuc Racing

:o
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Omega_Racing

Bad weekend for me boys, real bad.
Completely destroyed my bike coming down the hill at #10 going for the lead on lap 3 in my GTO race.
I know melk man saw me in practice on saturday, if you could call that practice >:(
Looks like I'll be on a 636 for daytona and possibly have another big bike by moroso, if not then jennings april for sure.
Continued success to you guys and see ya at moroso. ;D

MightyDuc Racing

Omega...sorry to hear about that crash.  One of my crew members saw it happen.  Just glad you are ok...scary place to crash.  I am guessing that was your bike on the open trailer with the rear sprocket embedded into the rear wheel...ouch.  You looked really fast up until that incident, though.  See you at Moroso.

Bryan
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MELK-MAN

QuoteOK...I did see you with the orange on.  You looked pretty damn good in practice.  One of the guys from my school, Rene I think, told me about you when I asked about the other orange shirt, but I never put two and two together.  Any idea what kind of lap times you were running?  My best was a 1:38...not too awful bad in the LW class.  I am also skipping Daytona, but we need to hook up at Moroso for sure the 15th and 16th.  See ya there and congrats again!

Bryan

Rene is a cool guy. he was in one of the races with me. i met him on one of the other forums and at Jennings GP track.
 that is a great time!! 1st day at that track (or any other than jennings) was low 1:40s.. then by the 4th practice sat. i was doing 1:39.. then with the new michelin tires sunday am.. did a low 1:37.. ran 1:38 to 1:37.2 all races (except 1st lap getting through traffic)...i was wearing my orange daytona motox teeshirt and a black visor cap.
very good times indeed. the fastest lap of the day from anybody was a low 1:26. see ya at moroso perhaps..
greg
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

MELK-MAN

QuoteBad weekend for me boys, real bad.
Completely destroyed my bike coming down the hill at #10 going for the lead on lap 3 in my GTO race.
I know melk man saw me in practice on saturday, if you could call that practice >:(
Looks like I'll be on a 636 for daytona and possibly have another big bike by moroso, if not then jennings april for sure.

i heard about a bad wreck and a bike that was totally messed up.. i did not see the actual entire crash just 2 bikes comming together comming off the high bank and the right hand guy getting the bad end of the deal when the bike fell to the right side.. was that you?? i was right behind that one...

MELK-MAN

QuoteYeah, I wore the orange shirt to be a smart ass...lol.  I ran almost all of my  I am guessing I have about 40 laps at Jennings and about 45 laps at Homestead and that's it, so I can't be too hard on myself just yet.   ;)

thats awesome man.. i have 17 TRACK DAYS at jennings... conservatively thats about 680 laps...
seat time is key.. the mock "sprint races" at jennings have been the biggest help i think though. get a chance to launch the bike with other riders and "race"...they have that once a month.

MightyDuc Racing

I know, but it's such a long ass ride for me to go up there...over 5-1/2 hours. :o  I wish there was a closer track that actually ran track days so I could get out there more often.  Oh well, I'll definitely see you at Moroso if you get there.  By the way, I think we were pitted near each other, I was in 25D.  I remember seeing the orange daytona shirt.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

chris_chops

Props for the man on the trick ducati.  
Mighty,
I got that picture, the bike looks sweet!
What tires did you decide to run?

Matt

MightyDuc Racing

I ran some 208's with about 5 heat cycles on them.  The 207's I had on were pretty well wasted on the left side after practice Saturday.  I am still trying to decide what tires to buy for the next round at Moroso.  I do have $30 in contingency coming from Dunlop...lol.  Too bad they don't pay in the LW GP class, that would've been $50 more.  I love this bike...and to think, everybody told me not to get it.  Maybe they knew they'd be trying to catch it in the Lightweight classes this year...lol.  Very, very fast 2 valver.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MELK-MAN

way to go dude.. saw the reply to my post in another fourm. figured id say congrats. looks like we may both be ok at this road racing thing.. i did alot of dirt bike racing in my teens and early 20s.. REALLY helped, especially getting AWESOME starts. Having entered very late, i started all my races from row 7 or further back. was passing in wholesale fassion around the outside and finished a 5th mid wgt supersprt, 4th mid wgt superbike, and a 2nd in the midwgt granprix..
i wore the orange shirt my first race but took it off later.. too hot
not riding daytona but looking to do Moroso and of course.. Jennings GP.. glad you liked the vid.. Ryan has the camera filming me..
later M.duc..[/quote]

davegsxrold929r

QuoteBad weekend for me boys, real bad.

i saw that crash ., are you ok ?? thats all that really matters....
and the 636 will be a great bike ..hehehe