Fork Suggestions

Started by Fast4fun, June 10, 2007, 11:44:38 AM

Fast4fun

Maybe you saw my bike drive itself off turn 5 at blackhawk on Saturday! If so then you can appreciate my need to find new forks.  The problem with owning a new triumph model is that replacement parts are hard to find. Without going with OEM, does anybody have ideas where to get new forks for a Triumph.  New Ohlins are too expensive. How do I begin to find replacements, possibly from another bike, that will work for my bike. What should I be looking for besides tube diameter? Will my radial mounts fit any fork? Will I need new spacers?  As you can tell, I've never done this so I'm looking for advice. Thanks,

CC Classifieds
CCS Mid West EX #675
Tri 675

251am

Who makes the Triumph forks?

Did you ask Ed? (no not Jeeves, Ed K.)   :biggrin:

Fast4fun

CCS Mid West EX #675
Tri 675

Ducmarc

need to know length and tube  diameter lots of showas on ebay for ducatis and gxers.

251am

Quote from: Fast4fun on June 10, 2007, 07:24:36 PM
Kyaba, I believe.

Ah, if they are 'yabas give Ed a call. He'll have the dish you need to fix the soup

Sorry to hear about the get off. Were you in the lead? Didn't talk but it was good to see ya since Ginger'

Super Dave

If you're going to run Supersport, you need the OEM forks.  What exactly is wrong with them?

And I saw your bike running toward turn five after you fell off.  I though it was going into the creek.
Super Dave

Woofentino Pugrossi

Dave, both lower tubes ripped out the brake mount casting.

F4F, Bikebandit has Triumph 675 parts. Drawing shows standard brakes, but they may have radial mount ones. Whole new fork is about $700/side. I dont think I'd try to reuse the mounts. They may be damaged also.

Other than maybe hitting up flea-bay or some of the triumph boards for help.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Fast4fun

There is a dirt wall about five feet high where the creek used to be. The bike hit it head on and ripped the forks in two. Otherwise, there is very little damage that I could see that day. Looks as though I'm going to get Triumph parts.

Dave, did you see exactly what happened that threw me off. I know the back end backed out and I thought I was going to high side but somehow I landed to the left of the bike and it kept going on its own. Also, the left footpeg took a chunk out of my left hamstring in the process. I'm fine with a few stitches but i'm not exactly clear on what exactly happened. I'm hoping somebody saw the whole thing. We were battling for the lead so I suspect there were some witnesses. Video or pics would be stellar!
CCS Mid West EX #675
Tri 675

Super Dave

When I looked up, you were already separated from the bike, and it was getting straightened out to go on its own.  Not much I can help with.
Super Dave