Couple questions

Started by R1Racer99, June 07, 2007, 07:46:45 PM

R1Racer99

Sorry, couldn't find this info on the site. How many classes can I enter as a novice on an '05 R1? How are the grid sizes for these classes? And I haven't held a license since 2005 so would I have to do the new riders class again?

Thanks.

Court Jester

anything unlimited and GTO.

not sure about the license thing
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

tstruyk

4 classes.  unlimited supersport, superbike, GP, GTO

grid sizes are smaller...

pretty sure your going back to school.  what region are you in?
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Eric Kelcher

Novice or Amateur? Novice no classes for R1, Amateur Unlimited SS, SB, GP and GTO.

As long as you have held a licnese within the last 3 years you are fine to come back same status as you last held a license as, 5 years max before having to recertify through a license clinic.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

R1Racer99

I'm in the midwest. What's the difference between novice and amatuer? I've never raced CCS and I'm used to just having novice and expert. \

Also, are all 4 of those classes sprints? How many laps each?

superspud

Quote from: R1Racer99 on June 08, 2007, 04:56:08 PM
I'm in the midwest. What's the difference between novice and amatuer? I've never raced CCS and I'm used to just having novice and expert. \

Also, are all 4 of those classes sprints? How many laps each?
Quote1.3 CCS AFFILIATES - An entity running events in an independent, cooperative
format with CCS, operating by these rules or rules of their own which will allow
joint competition at the Race of Champions between their riders and those
licensed directly through the CCS office.All riders with Novice status from a
CCS affiliate will be licensed and compete with CCS as Amateurs. It is the
riders responsibility to notify CCS of any change in licensing status with any
organization during the calendar year.
GTO is a 25 minute endurance race, the rest are 8 lap sprints.
CCS MW Am #778

R1Racer99