News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Helpful hint to get rid of the winter doldrums...

Started by EX#996, February 09, 2003, 05:33:00 PM

EX#996

Today it was sunny, but with a temprature of 4 degrees and a wind of 12 to 15 mph (-12 wind chill), it was pretty yucky outside.

Good news!!!  ESPN 2 had the NHRA Winter Nationals from Pamona on.  Run the sound through your stereo speakers and turn it up until the stuff in the room rattles....  It's almost like being there!   ;D

Dawn   :)

P.S.  Before you guys get on me about drag racing - Let me say I like almost any type of racing.  Plus, Paul and I did that (cars and bikes) prior to motorcycle road racing.
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Bernie

I must confess that I was stoked to watch the Bud Shootout from Daytona last night.  I really don't like NASCAR, but it is so kick butt for someone, somewhere to be racing something.  This winter has sucked beyond words.  I'll never be able to figure out how you can cope with the winters up north.

cr133r

We already had our first race out at Willow Springs last weekend...  You could just move.  J/K

Actually, there was one guy that flew out from Chicago to run because he couldn't wait till his season starts.

Chef

40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Dawn

QuoteActually, there was one guy that flew out from Chicago to run because he couldn't wait till his season starts.

Ike:

Was that you?

sdiver68

Drag Racing and NASCAR???  :P  I think I'd rather watch HGTV LOL

Just kidding Dawn!  ;)

Try running MotoGP2 through your stereo, or home theater system :)
MCRA Race School Instructor

Dawn

QuoteDrag Racing and NASCAR???  :P  I think I'd rather watch HGTV LOL

My family raced stock cars when I was a kid.  So Wednesday through Sunday I was at a race track.  To this day I can sleep through a feature race.  In other words, if I need to take a nap, just turn on a NASCAR race.   ;D

Drag racing though....  Nothing beats the crackel of the top fuel dragsters and the funny cars when they are on the nitrous.

Chef

QuoteIke:

Was that you?

naaah  ;D,
im just a dreamer (and a fiend) and im trying to get those fortunate "ones"
(other words can fit between the quotations) who are racing already to
give us a break.....

dreeeeeaam  err
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.