News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Brake Fade for 06-07 GSXR's 600/750

Started by howlieboy, May 30, 2007, 12:38:03 AM

yetidave

Quote from: Spooner on June 01, 2007, 01:45:45 PM
I think if you went more 'full stick' you wouldn't be having any problems.. :)

LOL, yeah I know, I'm working on it. I watched Jenson at Summit this past weekend. Dude may as well not have brakes on his bike.

Spooner

Actually I was giving crap to Kurt.  We did a track walk with Doug Polen and he kept repeating 'full stick' over and over.  Dude was cracking us up big time.  I dont' believe he needs brakes on his bike either...
CCS Expert #172
'04 R6

tzracer

Quote from: howlieboy on May 30, 2007, 11:20:05 PM
Yeah... the SRF is $80.00 a pint.... No doubt well worth it, but I don't think it will solve my problem.  If it was 30-40, I was going to see if it made a difference.

SRF comes in liter bottles, which is larger than 2 pints, do it is about $40 per pint.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Blackbeener

I'll have to check on the fluid I'm using I don't know off the top of my head I wanna say it's silkolene, but I have a 06 & 07 GSXR 600 wit no brake fade problems whatsoever. I use EBC pads, Goodridge Kevlar lines, and have had no problems with either bike fading. I am however an amatuer so maybe I'm not as hard of a braker on my stuff as some of you guys, but my buddy is expert finishing top5 in Fl region and has same set up with no issues either? Just my .02
R.I.P. RICHARD BRITTON

yetidave

Quote from: howlieboy on May 31, 2007, 09:11:36 PM
Yetidave.... Let me know if the brembo m/c and the CRF fluid works...

Ok, I had the chance to test the new setup at Roebling and it rocks. Granted, I'm pretty sure you could just take the brakes off your bike at that track to save weight. In fact, a friend of mine lost his brake lever on lap one of a race and still managed a third place finish.
But I digress, the brakes rock. I played with them a bunch during practice to test them and they were outstanding. Zero fade, zero air in the lines at the end of the day. I'm beyond happy. I can't wait to try them out in turn one at VIR in a couple of weeks.