News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

GPR Steering Dampner Leakage

Started by tshort, May 27, 2007, 09:54:04 PM

tshort

Anyone have one of these that leaked, and figured out what to do with it?

Mine seems to be leaking near the adjuster knob, from the top of the case.  I crashed with it prior, and then it started doing this.  Not sure why a crash would cause it, tho - wasn't like the bike flipped upside down or otherwise impacted the dampner. 

Anyone have one of these that knows what might be the problem/solution?  I had a Scotts before and it was abused severely - never leaked.  I like this one well enough, but the leaking is a drag.

Thanks.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Gixxerblade

Call GPR about it. I am sure you can send it in and have it repaired for a fee.

tshort

That is correct, according to their website.  For $25 plus shipping they will refill the thing and put in new seals.  Should have checked their first.  Their FAQ said it's possible to blow a seal if you take a hard hit that jerks the steering head, which I did.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

dylanfan53

Quote from: tshort on May 28, 2007, 11:56:28 AM
...it's possible to blow a seal if you take a hard hit that jerks the steering head, which I did.
Didn't your mother tell you not to do that, Short?  :biggrin:

BTW, I was at Gingerman yesterday and saw a black SV, white plates #128.  Deja vu all over again. 

Don Cook
CCS #53

tshort

Quote from: dylanfan53 on May 28, 2007, 02:18:45 PM
Didn't your mother tell you not to do that, Short?  :biggrin:

BTW, I was at Gingerman yesterday and saw a black SV, white plates #128.  Deja vu all over again. 

Re the sseal - ha ha (that was a sitting duck).

Re #128 - hopefully you saw it in an upright position, not taking a nap on its side.   ::)
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

spyderchick

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

tshort

Quote from: spyderchick on May 30, 2007, 06:35:59 PM
BTW, it's DAMPER.  :ahhh: :biggrin:

Damper than what?   :ass: (I hate being corrected about words, ecspecially when I'm wrong  ::)).
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128