Rd Amer practice July4~5

Started by zeroice, May 24, 2007, 01:25:43 PM

Garywc

Quote from: tstruyk on June 07, 2007, 04:52:33 PM

again, I dont know anyone that tries to finish last.

I have fought for second to last does that almost count?
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

Court Jester

Quote from: G 97 on June 07, 2007, 04:07:57 PM
Hey Mike, if you want to make this personal and have something you want to say to me go ahead and make it in person.   

I didn't direct it at you. In fact I didn't direct it at anyone. It's just a known quote that I find to be fitting through all facets of life.
Some times a person doesn't have to direct their words at anyone in particular. They just throw them out there and the surrounding circumstances will clearly point the path. 
But the number is 608-988-6384 if your self esteem is that low.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

APP_Racing

"If your not 1st your Last"
So if your always last are you a racer.

I'm on Fire, I'm on Fire!!!!!!
A Dean
APP Racing LLC
St. Louis, MO
314-757-0364

Donate today!
www.redflagfund.org/

tstruyk

"Oh god, dont let the invisable fire burn my friend... "
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

PJ721

man too bad I have to go racing this weekend at Roebling...gonna miss all this goood reading about what a racer really is  ::)

:pop:

guess I'll have to do some catching up on Tuesday

:cheers:
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

Garywc

Quote from: PJ721 on June 07, 2007, 06:20:08 PM
man too bad I have to go racing this weekend at Roebling...gonna miss all this goood reading about what a racer really is  ::)

:pop:
I here ya
see you at roebling

guess I'll have to do some catching up on Tuesday

:cheers:
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

fourandsix

Quote from: G 97 on June 07, 2007, 04:07:57 PM
Hey Mike, if you want to make this personal and have something you want to say to me go ahead and make it in person.   

Garth it's the internet , they never say it in person. I am glad I'm not the only one that noticed it.

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: G 97 on June 07, 2007, 08:51:38 AM
OKey- dokie    So you were running 2:17' at RA on a 600 in the late 1990's?   Sorry dude, noway, nohow.   Even if you were running 19' to 20's which would put you squarly in the middle it would alos have put you in contention for Poll in the Supersport races.   Sorry dude, no way.  But of course there is no record so you can pull anything out.  

You seem to be confusing street bike riders with track day riders.  

In any event, Mike you have your opionions based on very little to no expereinces.  It reminds me of a group called the Flatlanders who to this day have the opinion that the world is not round but is flat.   Yes, you have an opinion.  A misinformed one, but hey it never stops you.

I am also reminded about the ESPN commercial where one guy's sport knowlege is lacking and he is always talking out of his azz about sports and making way off comments - until he gets the ESPN updater.   (Dude, you need a race updater).

Since your still obsessed with lap times and the legitamacy of what I'm saying about my past I will give a couple examples. First thing is that I was racing a 1996 GSXR 750 at that time that had a jet-kit, high flow air filter, and Yosh race exhaust - there were no other mod's done to the engine. In 1998 I was a 1st year Expert (3rd season of racing) with the competition #214, I drove to the ROC that season by myself from Illinois, it was my 1st time ever racing there. I was using 93 octane pump gas from the local Amoco and my bike had Dunlop 364 race tires on it that already had about 12 track sessions on them (1 typical event for me back then), but I used them anyways. I got faster every time I got on the track that event, by the time I ran the Unlimited Superbike race I was going pretty good around Daytona. The reason I so vividly remember that race is because of the bike I was next to on the grid, that guy had a Muzzy Raptor that was the talk of the padock back then -  I still remember he had an umbrella girl and pit crew there on the pre-grid. In the race we were gridded on the 1st row after the 2 row split in the grid, I believe it was row 6, so that would have put me in the 22nd starting position with I don't know how many more rows of racers behind me. In the end I finished 6th and was turning times of 2:00 flat with a best of 1:59, back then we used the traditional layout and the old larger chicane. If I remember correctly the AMA Superbike pole time that year was in the low 1:50's, back then they also had the 120% cut-off to make the Superbike grid, I was at apx 108% (which still would have put me on the grid by todays 110% cut-off standard).

In 1999 I was racing the same bike at Road America, that was a 3 CCS region combined event with NASB (Great Plaines, Midwest, and the former Great Lakes Regions). For those that haven't been around long enough to know, NASB stands for North American Sport Bike and it was the national series for CCS even before Formula USA. I think it was the 2nd RA event of that season and I started around row 5 and believe it was a 72 racer grid. I got a great start and moved up fast, eventually I high-sided in turn 14 while attempting to pass the #1 plated racer (Ron Foye) to take 3rd and tore my shoulder, all because I was in so much debt by then that I was using tires that already had 3 events on them (36 track sessions - 6 races and 6 practices per event, back then we had 3 practice sessions per morning). I still remember looking back earlier in that race at the 5th place racer and seeing the Valvoline Suzuki bike behind me - I believe it was Grant Lopez, he would have had a great view of my crash. That was back before both (yes both) of the repaves at Road America when there was crappy pavement and patches galore there, we also used the 'kink' back then. The AMA Superbike Pole time back then was somewhere in the low/mid 2 minute teens, I believe a 2:25 was my best back then on that configuration, even that's within todays 110% cut-off for Superbike.

As for anyone that would remember me, Ron Foye and Ken Krebs (Ken owns Chicago Performance) were the #1 plated guys around that time, they were 2 of the guys I was battling with - call Ken if you want, he should most likely remember me as Expert #214. If you go into his shop you will see a whole wall covered with plaques from races he raced in and the #1 plate as well (if he still has it how I remember it), I hope that's enough credibility as to who he is.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

zeroice

see you all monday when I get back from roebling! :cheers:
Krishna A. Pribadi
CCS #707

jrsmail616

Quote from: fourandsix on June 07, 2007, 09:36:30 PM
Garth it's the internet , they never say it in person. I am glad I'm not the only one that noticed it.

Jim, did your riders have any issues with us track day riders at Road America two weeks ago?  They got the practice they needed for setup and practice passing us back markers. Ha Ha.

------------------
Some of us are serious, some not so serious, and some just play and terrorize the rest of us.

Ducmarc

skiers and snowboarders have these same kind of issues but their still going down the same mountain.  that's 154 what's the record?

Helmsman

Mike-

I work with Ron Foye.  Was he really as good as he claims?  he is known as a bit of a blow hard at work...and I don't always believe everything the guy says.  He says he was Midwest champion for a couple classes over a couple years?