News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Rd Amer practice July4~5

Started by zeroice, May 24, 2007, 01:25:43 PM

DavidV

Quote from: G 97 on June 07, 2007, 03:21:43 PM

Guys who obtain a race license and grid up once in a while and turn mid pack Intermediate times are deluding themselves into thinking that they are "racers".

So only the front pack runners in a race,  are real "racers?"  The rest are just delusional wannabe racers?  There are mid-pack "racers" who turn 1:24s or 1:25s at Summit, and they are well, in middle of the pack. Last I checked you had some Nesba CR "racers" putting down those times.  I guess you better tell them they are not racers

http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=415365
http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=506920

I have seen several of your posts on various message boards. I don't know you, but you sure come off as an arrogant, pompous a$$.  I am shocked that someone who is supposed to be represnting the nation's biggest track day organization, would post such material. You are not representing your organization very well at all

G 97

Quote from: DavidV on June 07, 2007, 03:39:44 PM

So only the front pack runners in a race,  are real "racers?"  The rest are just delusional wannabe racers?  There are mid-pack "racers" who turn 1:24s or 1:25s at Summit, and they are well, in middle of the pack. Last I checked you had some Nesba CR "racers" putting down those times.  I guess you better tell them they are not racers

http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=415365
http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=506920

I have seen several of your posts on various message boards. I don't know you, but you sure come off as an arrogant, pompous a$$.  I am shocked that someone who is supposed to be represnting the nation's biggest track day organization, would post such material. You are not representing your organization very well at all

At times I wonder if people even read the prior post befor posting?

Please show me all of these arrogant posts that I have made.  I would like to see them.  You come off like a whiney little girl.
G

Court Jester

QuoteI am shocked that someone who is supposed to be represnting the nation's biggest track day organization, would post such material. You are not representing your organization very well at all

People ride to their highest incompetence.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Court Jester

I found one.  :thumb:

QuoteYou come off like a whiney little girl.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

G 97

Quote from: Court Jester on June 07, 2007, 03:54:10 PM

People ride to their highest incompetence.

Hey Mike, if you want to make this personal and have something you want to say to me go ahead and make it in person.   
G

tstruyk

Quote from: red900 on June 07, 2007, 03:37:12 PM
Hmm, where are CSB 3:16 guys when you need them?  Well, i think it goes like this:           Amen......

Last time I saw a CSB "racing" guy he was doing trackdays... and has been since 05  :rollseyes:

Garth... I never said racers where your customer base. 

Quote...that contains a connection to a LARGE portion of my customer base...

ignoring the connection between racers and TD riders is foolish.  One becomes the other regularly.

Not an employee... ok... your not employed by NESBA, your a "Director".  Your affiliated.  Let me put it to you this way.  If anyone associated with my organization with your "authority" chose to represent the company the way you have... their position would be compromised.  But again... you still retain your position, so its moot.  And yet again... its not my company.  Obviously its not an issue... I was simply making a point that my way of doing business and your way of doing business are very, VERY different, to the point of being (not so much horror) but shocking nontheless.

not real racers... your opinion is your own.  Those that have and do race (whatever their pace) would argue.

why do I care?  What does it matter that I do?  and "someone like me"... please explain that to me.  What in your opinion, consists of "someone like me".

Tim
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

extrakt0r

Quote from: tstruyk on June 07, 2007, 04:14:52 PM
Last time I saw a CSB "racing" guy he was doing trackdays... and has been since 05  :rollseyes:

Actually CSB was at MAM just a few weeks ago, and also at BHF on Mother Days...Pretty sure they were also at HPT but not 100% positive...

Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

tstruyk

I was refering to Pruitt...

I know CSB is still active in the racing community. 

It was a joke at Mike's expense... just diggin on him a bit.
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

extrakt0r

Quote from: tstruyk on June 07, 2007, 04:23:50 PM

Cool,

Dont mind me...I will pay my $75.00 extra to pratice at RA...I am just here for the train wreck that is never going to end...
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

red900

Just because a guy grids up and runs laps in a santioned race does not define him as a racer.  As a matter of fact I am stuggling with what many on this board actually consider the definition of a racer. 

Is a racer a guy that grids up at a race?
Is a racer a guy that can complete corner passes with or without standing someone up?
Is a racer someone that goes out and competes to the best of his ability and finishes  the best he can? 

I see plenty of guys in races that are just turning laps, they are not competing by any definition of the word.  So these are the guys real racers would rather practice with?  Am i to believe that real racers would rather practice with guys that have done (as stated above) less laps in 10 years than Marshall has done in only a few years?

I have seen plenty of "close calls" in race practice, hell I have even seen close calls on the preview lap.......  Next time watch where the "real racers" put themselves in those situations.  You will find them the first one out or bringing up the back....  The group that you say they would so much prefer to ride with, they seem to distance themselves from the most...... 

Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

red900

Quote from: tstruyk on June 07, 2007, 04:23:50 PM

ya, he has kinda dissappeared......  Miss him a bit.    And yes, the last time I saw him was at a Nesba TD @ Barber, Nov 06...

Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

tstruyk

QuoteJust because a guy grids up and runs laps in a santioned race does not define him as a racer.
OK then... what is he/she?  

QuoteAs a matter of fact I am stuggling with what many on this board actually consider the definition of a racer.

maybe you should give us your definition.  be specific.

QuoteIs a racer a guy that grids up at a race?
yup
QuoteIs a racer a guy that can complete corner passes with or without standing someone up?
ummm sure, not sure what your going after here???  If he's in a race he's racing so how he passes doesnt matter.  It might describe the TYPE of racer he is...

QuoteIs a racer someone that goes out and competes to the best of his ability and finishes  the best he can?
sure.  abilities vary, and when your abilities dont compare closely with others its tough to "compete" actively, but I assure you noone is trying to finish last.   It sucks racing yourself, but its still racing.

QuoteI see plenty of guys in races that are just turning laps, they are not competing by any definition of the word.  

com·pete  

intr.v.
com·pet·ed , com·pet·ing , com·petes
To strive against another or others to attain a goal, such as an advantage or a victory.

again, I dont know anyone that tries to finish last.

QuoteSo these are the guys real racers would rather practice with?  Am i to believe that real racers would rather practice with guys that have done (as stated above) less laps in 10 years than Marshall has done in only a few years?

are you referring to the people that are just "lapping" during a race?  well of course not, but would you argue that the overall pace at an expert racer practice is slower or faster than the overall pace in an "A" group NESBA session? 

QuoteI have seen plenty of "close calls" in race practice, hell I have even seen close calls on the preview lap.......  Next time watch where the "real racers" put themselves in those situations.  You will find them the first one out or bringing up the back....  The group that you say they would so much prefer to ride with, they seem to distance themselves from the most......

ok I tried reading that 3 times and still dont have a clue what your talking about... sorry.

where do real racers put themselves in "close calls"???  On the preview lap???  Your suggesting that racers distance themselves from racers at TD's???  help me out here.

marshall is an exception, clearly not the rule.

If you poll 100 racers, and asked if they would rather practice with some one who has raced for 10 years, or done a "TON" of track days.  What do you think the answer would be?

Pruitt... he's at all the GIR stuff.  I think its an insurance issue with his wrist being kinda torn up. 
CCS GP/ASRA  #85