News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Rd Amer practice July4~5

Started by zeroice, May 24, 2007, 01:25:43 PM

Garywc

Quote from: Ducmarc on June 04, 2007, 01:42:46 PM
btw it's ground hog season. and  while driving from alabama eat pb&js skip cracker barrel buy your gas at walmart and save the 75.00 .at daytona they told us to do the team challenge for practice.like dave was trying to say racing has become a rich mans sport.including a new bike last year it cost me $30,000.00 and i'm an amateur.trackdays are full of ex racers who can't afford to race but want to ride fast. I can't blame them.   just trying to keep this BS going
$30,000 what bike di you buy?
and and how many races did you do?
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

r1owner

Quote from: Garywc on June 04, 2007, 03:55:36 PM
$30,000 what bike di you buy?
and and how many races did you do?

I think it was a Ducati 1098 Tri-colore.... just guessing.

avdigigeek

I was very disturbed by the sense of entitlement some people on this thread had.
then I gizoogle dat shit and discoverd I could just laugh at you fools...

http://sites.gizoogle.com/index2.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ccsforum.com%2Findex.php%2Ftopic%2C17291.0.html 

Ducmarc

That was $8,000 for the bike and $22,000 for racing all the fl and southeast plus ROC and daytona in march (hence the including part) and that's being cheep on tires. Not buying any track days one low side no engine failures and i live 1hr from daytona so no hotels at 200.00 a night.I know all you poor boys that buy two sets of tires a weekend and run to the GMD guy every time you can't feel the front end have spent more than that. This year I've got two wins one destoryed bike and $220,000.00 in hip repairs.

Ducmarc

gizoogle''' wait one manizzle the alabama gang shur nuff love dat

Jeff

it called me Jizzeff..  I don't know if I should laugh or cry...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

red900

Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

DavidV

Quote from: Super Dave on May 25, 2007, 08:35:42 AM
Well, first, CCS is a racing organization.  I don't know of any track that they rent for practice.

Second, if NESBA wanted to have a track day, there are other days to have it.  Having it immedately, and I do mean IMMEDATELY before a CCS race does exploit the opportunity to get CCS racers that have NESBA cards to ride during their event for some kind of practice. 

There are some that say pay the man for practice.  Well, some people actually have a tighter budget than others.  There was a time when motorcycle racing didn't have so many IT guys with money to spend.  There was a time when there weren't track days all over either.  Not that I find the fastest guys using track days for set up either.

Yes, NESBA has a product.  You can decide to use it or not.  As a licensed road racer, yeah, I want CCS to survive.  Entering the Team Challenge is a great opportunity.  Krishna, you're in a hard position as you need to be in that race.  I don't have any good suggestions for you.  Wish I did.

I agree 110%!!! Well said

DavidV

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on May 27, 2007, 12:56:54 PM
I agree it's better to have street riders going fast in a controlled environment, but my major complaint is with those that plan on or do progress to racing from Track Days. I have seen SOOOOOO many guys who planned on "just doing a few track days to get familiar with being on the track before I go racing" never end up going racing ever or get all freaked out once they do try it. Last season was a prime example, a couple of track day regulars showed up to BFR to get their race license and race the next day and proceeded to do just that, except what happened is they got so freaked out by actual racing that they decided not to race again because they needed to "do more track days to get better prepared for actual racing". To me doing more track days to better prepare for racing is a contradiction, the reason they were all freaked out is because they had never experienced close passing situations and bikes swapping paint due to the safety restraints in place at Track Days which require certain passing distances between bikes. That might be great for keeping crashes to a minimum at Track Days, but it also trains riders that there is going to be this 'buffer' around them that no one is supposed to enter. What those guys actually need is to do more RACING, and less Track Days to break those developed comfort zones.

I'm one of those that started racing when Track Days didn't exist, I went straight to racing from the street, that's what the AMATEUR class is supposed to be used for - learning (not for people who have literally put 1000's of miles on the track at Track Days and can finally run Top 10 Expert lap times). I think it's kind of sad that RACE tracks have departed from catering to true RACING org's 1st and now going to a mentality that it's all about the $$$$$$ and letting anyone have prime weekend dates that will pay the most money for them. The mentality shift by street riders that they "have just as much of a right to be on the RACE track on the weekends as racers do" is sad as well, I have heard them even go as far as saying that racers should have to race during the week because it's too expensive for the TRACK DAY RIDERS to miss work during the week and have to pay for the Track Day as well. WOW! Though I don't like 1 day race formats, I do like what Dean is doing at Track Addix to try and pull Track Day riders into racing by using the format that he does, I applaud that effort.

Overall, It's a tough situation. Cater to people who don't want to race but want to play on a race track, while at the same time allowing racers to still have the weekend dates needed so badly just to make it possible to have enough racers show up to make events competative. But on the other hand I also strongly believe that Track Days can act as a passifier to those who may have been thinking about getting into racing, in those cases I believe that many who would have raced will never make that step and will never know what they could have achieved in actual racing - when I see Track Day regulars who were just preparing to go racing with literally 100+ Track Days under their belt I see people who obviously missed out - it's too bad they never made the jump to actual racing!

Know this thread is old, but just want to say I am glad someone thinks the same way I do.

What a well written post. Keep it up Mike!!!!

zeroice

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on May 27, 2007, 12:56:54 PM
I agree it's better to have street riders going fast in a controlled environment, but my major complaint is with those that plan on or do progress to racing from Track Days. I have seen SOOOOOO many guys who planned on "just doing a few track days to get familiar with being on the track before I go racing" never end up going racing ever or get all freaked out once they do try it. Last season was a prime example, a couple of track day regulars showed up to BFR to get their race license and race the next day and proceeded to do just that, except what happened is they got so freaked out by actual racing that they decided not to race again because they needed to "do more track days to get better prepared for actual racing". To me doing more track days to better prepare for racing is a contradiction, the reason they were all freaked out is because they had never experienced close passing situations and bikes swapping paint due to the safety restraints in place at Track Days which require certain passing distances between bikes. That might be great for keeping crashes to a minimum at Track Days, but it also trains riders that there is going to be this 'buffer' around them that no one is supposed to enter. What those guys actually need is to do more RACING, and less Track Days to break those developed comfort zones.

I'm one of those that started racing when Track Days didn't exist, I went straight to racing from the street, that's what the AMATEUR class is supposed to be used for - learning (not for people who have literally put 1000's of miles on the track at Track Days and can finally run Top 10 Expert lap times). I think it's kind of sad that RACE tracks have departed from catering to true RACING org's 1st and now going to a mentality that it's all about the $$$$$$ and letting anyone have prime weekend dates that will pay the most money for them. The mentality shift by street riders that they "have just as much of a right to be on the RACE track on the weekends as racers do" is sad as well, I have heard them even go as far as saying that racers should have to race during the week because it's too expensive for the TRACK DAY RIDERS to miss work during the week and have to pay for the Track Day as well. WOW! Though I don't like 1 day race formats, I do like what Dean is doing at Track Addix to try and pull Track Day riders into racing by using the format that he does, I applaud that effort.

Overall, It's a tough situation. Cater to people who don't want to race but want to play on a race track, while at the same time allowing racers to still have the weekend dates needed so badly just to make it possible to have enough racers show up to make events competative. But on the other hand I also strongly believe that Track Days can act as a passifier to those who may have been thinking about getting into racing, in those cases I believe that many who would have raced will never make that step and will never know what they could have achieved in actual racing - when I see Track Day regulars who were just preparing to go racing with literally 100+ Track Days under their belt I see people who obviously missed out - it's too bad they never made the jump to actual racing!

I totaly agree w mike. I too went from street to race, no trackdays. Was never really into trackdays; they do not carry the same spirit. Trackdays are just not satisfying...

But I do need the practice before the race to become familiar with the track... not to get comfortable with going fast or passing at close proximities.

Those that say they need more trackdays to get faster before they start racing should just give up. You have the wrong attitude.

Quote from: Super Dave on May 25, 2007, 08:35:42 AM
Well, first, CCS is a racing organization.  I don't know of any track that they rent for practice.

Second, if NESBA wanted to have a track day, there are other days to have it.  Having it immedately, and I do mean IMMEDATELY before a CCS race does exploit the opportunity to get CCS racers that have NESBA cards to ride during their event for some kind of practice. 

There are some that say pay the man for practice.  Well, some people actually have a tighter budget than others.  There was a time when motorcycle racing didn't have so many IT guys with money to spend.  There was a time when there weren't track days all over either.  Not that I find the fastest guys using track days for set up either.

Yes, NESBA has a product.  You can decide to use it or not.  As a licensed road racer, yeah, I want CCS to survive.  Entering the Team Challenge is a great opportunity.  Krishna, you're in a hard position as you need to be in that race.  I don't have any good suggestions for you.  Wish I did.

Thanks for your 2 cents Dave, that is very well put!

Supply and demand, looks like i'm gonna fork my hard earned cash over to nesba, bend over and take it :ass:
Krishna A. Pribadi
CCS #707

G 97

Hello, for those of you who do not know me I would like to introduce myself.  I am Garth Cloyd, Midwest Director of Operations for NESBA.  Several of you CCS racers have expressed great concern with regards to our track day event being held prior to your races.

Since NESBA is based on customer service, while providing a safe, structured, and organized venue for riders to develope their skills.........

.........it has been decided in oder to address and elliminate these concerns that:  No CCS licensed racers will be allowed to participate in this track day event. 

Thank You
G

wolf44

Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com