Calabogie, Canada

Started by yetidave, May 21, 2007, 10:01:53 AM

yetidave

I had the chance to ride this track this past weekend with Team Promotion, and I can't even describe how amazing it is. It was designed by Alan Wilson (Barber, Miller, BeavRun, etc..), and it opened last fall. It's 3.1 miles, has 20 turns, crazy elevation changes, and it's 40' wide all the way around. It took me 7 hours to get there from Allentown, PA. And it was sooooo worth the drive. It's about as close to  heaven as I think I'll ever get.  :biggrin:
Any chance CCS will ever get some of the Canadian tracks on the schedule? They are all pretty epic, and I'd love the chance to race up there. 

REM6a

If you love something let it go, and if it comes back you have just high sided.

yetidave

If by slow you mean, "never had my lower back and ass run over after throwing it away in turn one at Nelson", then yes, yes I am.  :biggrin:

REM6a

Quote from: yetidave on May 21, 2007, 05:16:35 PM
If by slow you mean, "never had my lower back and ass run over after throwing it away in turn one at Nelson", then yes, yes I am.  :biggrin:

...ouch

SV88

I've skiied and snowboarded @ Calabogie Peaks.  When was the track put in?
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

251am

Canadian Rockies is a good climate for the Yeti species.   :biggrin:

How far North, eh? North of Shannonville?

yetidave

The track was put in last year. It opened last October. It's 2 hours from the norder crossing at 1,000 lakes NY.
And yes, it is a pefrect climate for a Yeti.  :biggrin: Cold as shit at night, toasty warm during the day.

REM6a

Quote from: yetidave on May 22, 2007, 05:34:08 AM
The track was put in last year. It opened last October. It's 2 hours from the norder crossing at 1,000 lakes NY.
And yes, it is a pefrect climate for a Yeti.  :biggrin: Cold as shit at night, toasty warm during the day.

Whats a noder crossing? Is that where Yeti's get rapped by Sasqutach?
Are the French Canadians cool with a Yeti on the track or do you have to wear a full body hair net so you don't shed at 150mph?

yetidave

Quote from: REM6a on May 23, 2007, 05:56:33 PM
Are the French Canadians cool with a Yeti on the track or do you have to wear a full body hair net so you don't shed at 150mph?

A noder crossing is where the narcoleptics cross into Canada. And yes, I was required to wear a full body hair net. Thanks for rubbing salt in the wounds.......bastard.

Garywc

Quote from: REM6a on May 23, 2007, 05:56:33 PM
I hope Sasqutach didn't catch anything
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

yetidave

Quote from: Garywc on May 24, 2007, 03:30:35 PM
I hope Sasqutach didn't catch anything

Nothing she couldn't wash right off. And yes, it was a SHE.
You hitting Summit this weekend?

Garywc

Quote from: yetidave on May 24, 2007, 03:41:53 PM
Nothing she couldn't wash right off. And yes, it was a SHE.
You hitting Summit this weekend?

A  she? come now
I am out for this weekend i was going to go but last week i crashed on the motocross track and gave my self a concussion and about 7 hours that i dont remember. so i am going ot hang out at home this weekend
but i will be at roebling in june you going there? its a fun track

CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776

GSXR RACER MIKE

I thought I remembered reading in RRW last year that they have the really strict noise restrictions up there, is that correct?
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

yetidave

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on May 27, 2007, 10:38:29 AM
I thought I remembered reading in RRW last year that they have the really strict noise restrictions up there, is that correct?

Yeah, they do sound checks at tech. But they don't make you rev it past 1/3 throttle. wink wink

And yeah Gary, I'll be at Roebling. I don't have a choice now, Ryan Meade wont be there and I need to make up some ground on him in the points, lol. That little prick is faaaast.

REM6a

Quote from: yetidave on May 29, 2007, 08:50:27 AM
Yeah, they do sound checks at tech. But they don't make you rev it past 1/3 throttle. wink wink

And yeah Gary, I'll be at Roebling. I don't have a choice now, Ryan Meade wont be there and I need to make up some ground on him in the points, lol. That little prick is faaaast.

Your luck might be changing, Wiggins is out for Summit Point and I dont have anyone to race with. Looking like some southern exposer for me.

PS: the sasquatch was a he and Dave has not called yet. [\b]

yetidave

Quote from: REM6a on May 29, 2007, 09:01:10 AM
Your luck might be changing, Wiggins is out for Summit Point and I dont have anyone to race with. Looking like some southern exposer for me.

PS: the sasquatch was a he and Dave has not called yet. [\b]

Oh that's just great. I'd check those brake lines before heading out for the heavyweight races if I were you.
You're going to wake up bound and gagged in some shit hole Georgia motel.
Are you and the girl riding down with me?

REM6a

Quote from: yetidave on May 29, 2007, 09:06:52 AM
Oh that's just great. I'd check those brake lines before heading out for the heavyweight races if I were you.
You're going to wake up bound and gagged in some shit hole Georgia motel.
Are you and the girl riding down with me?

She has family stuff. Looks like its just you and me. But no worries, I am going to stay awake the entire night if we hotel it. Don't need to wake up 100miles from the track in a tub of ice with no kidney so you can get stickier AMA tires.

yetidave

Quote from: REM6a on May 29, 2007, 03:01:12 PM
She has family stuff. Looks like its just you and me. But no worries, I am going to stay awake the entire night if we hotel it. Don't need to wake up 100miles from the track in a tub of ice with no kidney so you can get stickier AMA tires.

Right on, she's not coming, no witnesses.........
Any idea if there's a practice day on Friday? If so, who's running it?

Garywc

when you two leaving?
is there a track day on Friday? if so are you doing it?
why aren't you camping?
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776

yetidave

Quote from: Garywc on May 29, 2007, 09:10:36 PM
when you two leaving?
is there a track day on Friday? if so are you doing it?
why aren't you camping?

We're leaving Thursday morning at about 4 am. There is a track day on Friday, it's run by the track, and we are doing it. We are camping. When are you two (I assume you're riding with Shay) leaving?

Garywc

Quote from: yetidave on May 30, 2007, 06:11:56 AM
We're leaving Thursday morning at about 4 am. There is a track day on Friday, it's run by the track, and we are doing it. We are camping. When are you two (I assume you're riding with Shay) leaving?

your leaving at 4am the day before... guess you drive at your race pace
its 12 hr ride with a trailer, track day starts at 8 that gives you 28 hrs, you better leave @ 2 am

so far its just me and Mari
shay pussied out
Zsolt might go with  us not sure yet
but we will be camping also
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776

yetidave

Shay pussied out? I have a bottle of Patron with his name on it.

Garywc

we will still have fun without shay i know it will be tough but we will try
I told Mari i would take her out to the river front to go bar hopping  maybe Friday night you guys in?
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776

yetidave

Works for me. How far outside of town is the track?

Garywc

not far at all
we will figure out something when we get there
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776

yetidave