News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Marco Melandri's RSV250

Started by motomadness, February 08, 2003, 06:58:46 AM

motomadness

Sometimes it's really good to be in the Mid-West.  

To all of the Aprilia RS250 owners out there,  you've got to go to the motorcycle show in Chicago this weekend.  Marco Melandri's spiderman bike is at the show.  The bike is incredible: 115 rwhp and 198lbs, carbon fiber swingarm, carbon fiber wheels. Spin the rear wheel and it turns about 10 times, almost no resistance.  It is definitely a beautiful machine.

tigerblade

I got a pic of it I'll try to post later this week.
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

TZDeSioux

tigerblade

QuoteThat bike is gay!  ;D

No argument here.  
Younger Oil Racing

Protein Filled

I wanted to try and steal the front end off that bike. It was so sweet with the radial Brembo's, carbon brakes, CF wheels and the Ohlins forks...You think they would have noticed me taking that thing apart there on the booth?  ;)
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

TZDeSioux

sdiver68

Brian-

Great to meet you at the banquet.  Can't wait to see you on your "straight" TZ :)  
MCRA Race School Instructor

Protein Filled

Oh, I get it. It's an Aprilia RS 250. No wonder you think it's gay!!!

Now if it was Miyazaki's all japan bike, then it would be cool, huh?!
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

motomadness

Hey Brian,

If we had some gay TZ's, then we would have no problems sweeping the LWGP class.

TZDeSioux

Steve.. it was cool to finally meet you. Now I can put a face to your posts. That speedballer is a funny guy!

Edgar... let me tell you a little secret. Melandri's bike isn't an RSV or an RSW. It's an Aprilia "Officiale" 250. Did you also notice how wide the front of the bike is? Pretty amazing bike but it's still pretty gay. I would've like to have seen Porto's YZR250 and Rolfo's NSR250 too. Did you also notice how tiny it was? It's quite a bit smaller than my TZ.

Sean..
I don't know about the sweeping.  :-X I think you gotta run 18's at BHF to run up front in LWGP. You're lucky you get to race with me this year.. I'm very pleasant to race against. I don't do crazy things cuz I'm so damn smooth.  ;D  ;D

motomadness

I'll be in the 18's soon.  Just wait.

TZDeSioux

QuoteI'll be in the 18's soon.  Just wait.

We'll just have to push each other to hit the 18's. I'd like to hit that goal by mid season. :)

TZ_Boy

I plan on doing 18's first time out. :P
Unlike Brian I am crazy that's why I am putting a Nitro Nori sticker on this year.  Crash or win!

chris_chops

You would know, Rev!

TZDeSioux

QuoteI plan on doing 18's first time out. :P
Unlike Brian I am crazy that's why I am putting a Nitro Nori sticker on this year.  Crash or win!

Actually, I plan on doing 18's first time out too. Shouldn't be too hard to do. You can already do 20's pretty easy so 18 should be no problem.  :P

TZDeSioux

QuoteYou would know, Rev!

Yeah.. especially after you tried to grab my nuts in the car. homo!  ;D

tigerblade

I apologize for the quality, but it kinda screwed with your eyes in real-life too.   8)

Younger Oil Racing