Gron4 - Photos From BHF (56K warning)

Started by agron4, May 13, 2007, 11:08:43 PM

agron4

Hi All,

Was great to watch and photograph the racing this weekend.  Always exciting and always the nicest people. 

We were there for Friday, Saturday and Sunday and are working hard to get them up for viewing ASAP.  I've already weeded through mine and am left with 12 gigs of photos alone and my brother probably has about the same  :ahhh:.  Needless to say we have a ton of quality photos to process.  We are hoping to have them up by Wednesday at the latest. Photos will be viewable here: 

http://www.gron4.com/2wheel/

In the meantime, here are a few teasers.   :cheers:

fourandsix

can't wait to see all the pics of Scotty and Bobby

Helmsman

Can't wait to see the pictures!  I know you got some good ones of me, lol! :)

Woofentino Pugrossi

Btw Andy, I read in the Williams Bay newspaper that the Yerkes Observatory wants their telescope back. :biggrin:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

RCR_531

Is anyone else having troubles getting their site to come up?
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

agron4

Quote from: RCR_531 on May 14, 2007, 08:28:57 PM
Is anyone else having troubles getting their site to come up?

I am!

The server has been spotty all day.  I'm not sure what the problem is, hopefully all will be resolved when we post up all the pics in the next couple days.

Will, it was nice meeting you.  Hope you mend quickly. 

Rob, we are putting the telescope to better use  8)

superspud

It's Wednesday night.   :pop:

j/p, I'm sure they have tons of photos to sort through, just looking forward to seeing their great handywork.   :thumb:
CCS MW Am #778

agron4

Yeah, we had 22 gigs worth of photos to batch and upload.  The good news is they are batched, the bad news is they are uploading to the server and it takes about 6+ hours to do.  We had a setback last night when I thought I had killed our external harddrive and all our photos from this and last year.   :ahhh:  Thankfully it was just a Windows problem but it took up a lot of time.

So for all you night owls they will be posted late tonight.  I'll let you know when they're up.   :thumb:

RCR_531

Rodney LeQuia

Lithum Motorsports

HAWK

Quote from: agron4 on May 16, 2007, 09:07:16 PM
Yeah, we had 22 gigs worth of photos to batch and upload.  The good news is they are batched, the bad news is they are uploading to the server and it takes about 6+ hours to do.  We had a setback last night when I thought I had killed our external harddrive and all our photos from this and last year.   :ahhh:  Thankfully it was just a Windows problem but it took up a lot of time.

So for all you night owls they will be posted late tonight.  I'll let you know when they're up.   :thumb:

I guess I'm going have to keep working on that Windoze problem of yours.  :thumb:
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

agron4

The majority of the photos are up.  Link:

http://www.gron4.com/2007/event051307/

The only ones that aren't are the group shots (took a lot of photos of the starts and grid) and learning curves (uploading as I type).

One small problem we had is vertical photos, the vertical photos don't transfer correctly to the correct thumbnail space.  They were suppose to remain horizontal but were auto-rotated in the batch (I'll blame windows for this as well  :lmao:).  What it means is that they may block some of your other photos in the thumbnails, if this is a major problem for anyone drop me an e-mail.

I'm also updating our pricing page.  We are going to start offerring photo packages as well as repeat customer discounts on digital images.  So you might want to check that out. 

Everything (learning curves, group, access to event through mainpage) should be working by tomorrow when normal people wake up.   :cheers:

Any problems, please let me know.

RCR_531

Rodney LeQuia

Lithum Motorsports