Nate Kern - crash @ Barber w/WERA - updated 05/09/07

Started by PJ721, May 08, 2007, 08:44:41 AM

PJ721

as far as I know..wasn't a mechanical...bike went into a violent tank slapper that he just about rode out but the bike spit him off...

and I wouldn't say the Beemer can't be raced hard...thing just did 24 hrs of LeMans...and has won 2 of 4 Moto-ST events (starting with the 8 hrs of Daytona in October) and Nate has put the #1 plate on it for back to back years...
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

Gixxerblade

Yeah but it seems like it needs more love and attention than other bikes seeing as its a shaft drive opposing piston motorcycle. I am not saying anything bad about the bike or N8! (he is a great racer) its just that I was wondering if it was something else that caused N8! to crash.

Mongo

From the CW reports and what I saw of the crash it looked like he was pushing too hard on lap 3, bike stepped out and when it came back he got into a tankslapper that put him in the grass and then down all within a very short distance.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

Court Jester

That really sucks to hear.
Part of the game i guess. but it really sucks to hear he got so tore up.
best wishes for sure.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

PJ721

yea a nature of the beast...we race....and we all know at some point something could go wrong. Just hope it's never serious...but it's a relief to know that our race family supports one another when it does go bad. 

Nate is very lucky...he has good support behind him from his crew and BMW, his family and friends - along with fellow racers @ CCS, WERA & Moto-ST

From talking to him last night and reading his blog
http://www.nate-kern.blogspot.com/
he is looking at getting back on the bike for a "shakedown" @ Roebling and back to full form @ VIR in June. Time will tell...but knowing him....I wouldn't bet against it  :thumb:

Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Ducmarc

looks like that beemer has been super reliable for Nate he rides it to the limit on every lap the beemers had the last daytona under control until the exhaust fell off and i think it had an electrial problem is that right Paul ?

PJ721

yup

pretty sure that was what took them out of Daytona.

Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

apriliaman

heal up quick N8! and see you at VIR winning again!!!!
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006